Hi:
I recently purchase MediaMonkey. I have an HTC Tilt2 with Windows Mobile 6.5.
For some reason Media Monkey doesn't "see" my device.
Here are the steps I have followed:
Connect phone via ActiveSync, then opened MediaMonkey.
I also tried opening MediaMonkey, then connecting phone.
Am I missing something?
Thanks so much!
Please help, can't sync Windows Mobile Tilt 2
Moderator: Gurus
-
zzzchris
Re: Please help, can't sync Windows Mobile Tilt 2
MM allows your to convert from many files. I prefer to "RIP" my music into MM in FLAC format a 1:1 compression ratio that way I can burn CDs from it to lossless WAV or any other type of file needed. Now with that said, your phone's best format is probably MP3 and perhaps even MPEG but you must specify that on the sync settings. Such as Apple uses AAC, not MP3 (however you can re format a MAC to download MP3s bu thats another story.... MM support is very good, remember, think simple with MM, its really easy.
Re: Please help, can't sync Windows Mobile Tilt 2
I have a HTC 6800 running WM 6.1 and as far as I know MM does not sync with any WM phones. I like MM and use it to download podcasts, but I have to use Windows Media Player (Windows 7) to sync to the mobile player on my HTC. I believe the problem is the dll on the phone or player as I recall but given the sad state on WM developers seem to have given up. Hope someone can prove me wrong here.
I check in here time to time with the hope that the problem has been resolved.
BTW, I rip all my CDs to WAV and then synch with WMP to the phone at the highest conversion rate. I get excellent sound.. generally at bit rates > 600kbps with windows audio format.
I check in here time to time with the hope that the problem has been resolved.
BTW, I rip all my CDs to WAV and then synch with WMP to the phone at the highest conversion rate. I get excellent sound.. generally at bit rates > 600kbps with windows audio format.
-
ivanstein
Re: Please help, can't sync Windows Mobile Tilt 2
To sync with a Windows mobile device, look in settings>connections for "USB to PC" or something close to that, and select the option to use it as an disk drive (faster file transfer). WinMo won't sync music through activesync and MM. You can possibly do it through Windows Media, with a bit of tweaking, but why?
This will make the phone act like a jump drive or what not, then you just sync MM with E: or what ever drive letter your phone connects as.
IIRC, you can not sync to device memory, it has sync to the storage card. I don't know if the Tilt2 has a micro sd or not. But devices like the ominia may not be as lucky.
This will make the phone act like a jump drive or what not, then you just sync MM with E: or what ever drive letter your phone connects as.
IIRC, you can not sync to device memory, it has sync to the storage card. I don't know if the Tilt2 has a micro sd or not. But devices like the ominia may not be as lucky.