Moving Other Files when Auto Organizing [#15983]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

1337haXXor

Moving Other Files when Auto Organizing [#15983]

Post by 1337haXXor » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:24 pm

So I finally made the jump to MM5 after holding off for a while. I love the new design and it runs very smoothly! With the exception of one rarely used script that I miss (Auto Increment Track#), I've gotten everything else set up almost exactly the same as MM4 and everything works perfectly EXCEPT one thing I can't figure out. I have an "intake" folder for new music that I add to the library, then I correct/edit any tags before Auto Organizing (Ctrl+R) to my main Music directory. All of this works fine as before, except it does not give me the option to also move other files in the folder (logs, artwork, etc.). I couldn't find anything on this in any of the options menus, am I missing something?

1337haXXor

Re: Moving Other Files when Auto Organizing

Post by 1337haXXor » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:10 pm

I've narrowed it down; if you auto-sort one album, it moves all of the other files like artwork or logs and sometimes deletes the remaining empty folder. BUT if I auto-sort MULTIPLE ALBUMS (even by the same artist), it does NOT move any files other than the music.

Would there be any way to implement it like the older version of MM which had a popup dialogue box where you could checkbox each item you wanted to move or not?

Peke

Re: Moving Other Files when Auto Organizing

Post by Peke » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:04 pm

Hi,
I tested this behavior and added it as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15983

Please feel free to add another test case/problem you are finding.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

1337haXXor

Re: Moving Other Files when Auto Organizing [#15983]

Post by 1337haXXor » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:56 pm

Awesome, thanks!