Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.
- Posts: 1664
- Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:07 am
- Location: Australia
- the Selection tab in the Preview panel is unreliable
- Column Filter selection can be hard to detect, a tweak would improve
- selection and focus is hard to detect in Material Design (dark) skin. a tweak would improve
demonstrates steps to some of the following issues:
- An album is selected ===> but the Selected tab of Preview panel is empty .. 0.00 -> 0.09 of above video clip
- Selected a different album ... the Selected tab is OK ==. the main panel footer flashes an update to show selection, but disappears ..0.09 -> 0.15
The footer shows selection stats, but goes missing when the user is navigating in a grid view ... ie. the album track is selected, the inline panel opens, and the footer disappears, making it look like there is no selection
- Switch to another view, selection has been emptied ===> but the Selected panel looks like something is selected
... 0.15 ->0.25
- Back to a Grid view, make a selection ===> Selected tab shows an unrelated, non-selected album 0.25 -> 0.42
- When navigating via the Column Filter it can be hard to see what is currently selected
- I still don't like what you have done to the Column Filter, when you have decided to make it compatible to ITunes, rather then MM4 ... I still don't understand that as it has somewhat broken the Column Filter for browsing, but here is a different suggestion to those I have made previously.
- MM has Column Header decorators in the list view (see arrow A in this image), could you also put decorators in the Header for the Column Filter (arrow B)? ... That would help.
- in the above image the display is also filtered by AlbumArtist, but it impossible to see that, because the Filter column has been scrolled
- could you put a decorator in the heading of every column that has an active filter on?
- this would show whether a column needs to reset due to your breaking iTunes change, and it would also remind the User that the display is still filtered by that column
- Hard to detect selection and focus in Material Design (dark) skin
- I prefer the Material Design (dark) skin, but find it hard to detect selection and focus, could the row colour be lighten a little?
- I can "see" shade difference in the Material Design (dark) skin, but is hard to be aware of it ... both being a bit lighter would be good, and a greater difference between them too?
- And I am still hoping for some action on this other breaking change from MM4
Want a dark skin for MM5? This
is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.