Playlists are generated with absolute path instead of relative path, which breaks playback on some devices

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Microserf

Playlists are generated with absolute path instead of relative path, which breaks playback on some devices

Post by Microserf »

In MMW4, when I generated an M3U playlist, the tracks would be listed as relative path from the root folder of my music; e.g. "The Alan Parsons Project\Eye in the Sky\10 Old and Wise.wma". However, in MMW5, they are generated as full path, e.g. "D:\Music\The Alan Parsons Project\Eye in the Sky\10 Old and Wise.wma". This breaks sharing playlists with other devices where I have copies of my music but for which those absolute paths don't make sense (for example, my Ford Sync 3, which has the music on a thumbdrive), and I end up having to manually edit the playlist file to remove the drive letter and root folder before using it on those devices.

There doesn't seem to be a Tools/Option setting to specify relative path vs. absolute path with generating playlists. Assuming I haven't missed a setting, could this new behavior either be reverted, or an option added to specify absolute vs. relative when generating playlists? (For now, I'll have to use MMW4 to generate the lists.)
Lowlander

Re: Playlists are generated with absolute path instead of relative path, which breaks playback on some devices

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey 5.0.2 does relative Paths: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
Microserf

Re: Playlists are generated with absolute path instead of relative path, which breaks playback on some devices

Post by Microserf »

Super, missed that, thanks for the fast response!