Page 1 of 1
no sound after trying WAV file
Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:44 am
by marsha
My Mediamonkey has no sound after I tried playing a WAV file. There was only static with the WAV - which was fine in another player. Since then, nothing has any sound, though all other audio programs work normally. How do I restore the volume????
Re: no sound after trying WAV file
Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:04 am
by Meander
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Try changing the associations for .wav in case of possible corruption. Go to Options=>OS Integration in MM to uncheck/check wav files.
Re: no sound after trying WAV file
Posted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:20 pm
by Lowlander
Have you tried restarting MediaMonkey (and if that fails the PC)? Also verify that the Volume isn't muted in MediaMonkey (right click MediaMonkey tray icon, Volume > 100%).
Re: no sound after trying WAV file
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:01 pm
by marsha
Sadly, restarting MediaMonkey and the laptop haven't worked. I've also unchecked WAV as a file association and restarted MediaMonkey afterward. I even uninstalled and re-installed MediaMonkey, to no avail. I don't get it! Otherwise I was loving this player. It's quite frustrating that it's just not working anymore. Any additional ideas are welcome!
Re: no sound after trying WAV file
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:20 pm
by MMFrLife
Have you ever tried to play .wav files in MM before? Is this the first one?
How long have you been using MM?
Re: no sound after trying WAV file
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:29 am
by Lowlander