Find Currently Playing Track 1.3 (2013-11-09) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Find Currently Playing Track 1.3 (2013-11-09) [MM2+]

Post by ZvezdanD »

Description:
This add-on works with MediaMonkey v2.x-4.x (there is also version of the add-on that works with MM v5). It allows finding and selecting of the currently playing track in the Media Tree and main tracklist, i.e. it works similarly as the built-in Find More from Same and Focus tracklist on currently playing item MM options combined.

However, when the Enable automatic finding of currently playing track option is turned on, the main tracklist will locate and set the keyboard focus on the currently playing track whenever any of them starts playing. Or, you could turn that option off and use a hotkey or the toolbar button to locate the playing file instead. You could use its other options in the Options dialog box to determine where in the Media Tree you want to locate the playing files.

Download:
http://solair.eunet.rs/~zvezdand/FindCu ... gTrack.htm

If that link doesn't work, please try with this one:
https://zvezdan-d.github.io/FindCurrent ... Track.html

What is new:
v1.3 - 2013-11-09
* Added: Ctrl+Alt+F hotkey for manual finding of the currently playing track (could be modified in Options\General\Hotkeys - General: Execute script: Find Currently Playing Track).

v1.2 - 2012-02-13
* Added: toolbar button for manual finding of the currently playing track;
* Added: independent toolbar for buttons instead of Shortcuts toolbar [MM4];
* Fixed: finding of tracks in FD (removable media), CD and net (mapped drives) sub-folders of Location branch.

v1.1.3 - 2011-06-15
* Fixed: response of the program when a new track starts to play.

v1.1.2 - 2010-09-20
* Fixed: selecting of the track in the Album Art with details view mode.

v1.1.1 - 2010-05-09
* Fixed: error during start-up.

v1.1 - 2010-05-09
* Added: button on the Shortcuts toolbar to toggle finding of the currently playing track;
* Added: option to select track in the currently displayed tracklist without changing node;
* Fixed: finding of containing folder in the Library\Location node with non-English GUI.

v1.0 - 2010-05-06
* First public version.

Installation:
  • For MediaMonkey 3.0 or higher - just double-click on the FindCurrentPlayingTrack-xx.mmip file; if you are on Vista or Win7 make sure you have MM3 set to "Run as Administrator"; if you downloaded the installation package with IE7 and it changed its extension to a .zip, you should first change it back to a .mmip.
  • For MediaMonkey 2.x - rename a .mmip extension to a .zip, extract the FindCurrentPlayingTrack.vbs file to the MediaMonkey's "Scripts\Auto" folder and restart MM program.
Usage:
The add-on settings are in the Tools / Options dialog box within the General / Find Currently Playing Track page: you could turn on/off the automatic finding of tracks on playback and you could choose if you want to locate folder containing the currently playing track within the Library\Location node or within the My Computer node, or if you want just to select track in the currently displayed tracklist.

You could also toggle automatic finding and start manual finding of tracks using the buttons on the Shortcuts [MM2-3] / Find Currently Playing Track [MM4] toolbar.

Limitations:
  • Selecting of the track in the main tracklist works only with the program v3.1.0.1218 or higher.
  • Finding of tracks in the My Computer folder is not possible with the network drives (although Network works fine within the Library\Location folder); actually, even the built-in Find More from Same\Folder (My Computer) MM option doesn't work with the network drives.
Last edited by ZvezdanD on Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Eyal

Re: Find Currently Playing Track 1.0 (2010-05-06) [MM2+3]

Post by Eyal »

Wow ZvezdanD !
This is terrific. Saves me ton of clicks.

Any chance to have an on/off icon on the toolbar, or maybe enable/disable it through View menu?

Thank you.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Thanks.
I don't really understand exactly what it does, but it sounds interesting. :)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Thanks for comments :)
Eyal wrote:Any chance to have an on/off icon on the toolbar, or maybe enable/disable it through View menu?
No problem at all, I already though about something like that. However, I think that it could be better if I add a button on the toolbar which will manually find containing folder (if user turn off automatic finding), which will be same as if you choose Find More from Same / Folder, but you could have just one click instead of two ones (and don't need to scroll Now Playing panel if the currently playing track is not visible). Or maybe I could add two buttons, one for manual finding and another to toggle automatic finding. What do you think about that?
dypsis wrote:I don't really understand exactly what it does
I agree that my description is not very well. Honestly, I am not satisfied with the name of this add-on as well, and I think I will change it. Maybe Find Currently Playing Folder or just Currently Playing Folder would be more appropriate. Give me your suggestions, please. As I said in the description, it works similarly as the built-in MM option Find More from Same / Folder (...), but you don't need to right-click on the currently playing track and choose that option, since this add-on will do that automatically whenever playing track is changed. So, when MM starts to play another track, this add-on will find the folder which contains that track and show all its tracks in the main tracklist with the currently playing one selected.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

ZvezdanD wrote:
dypsis wrote:I don't really understand exactly what it does
I agree that my description is not very well. Honestly, I am not satisfied with the name of this add-on as well, and I think I will change it. Maybe Find Currently Playing Folder or just Currently Playing Folder would be more appropriate. Give me your suggestions, please. As I said in the description, it works similarly as the built-in MM option Find More from Same / Folder (...), but you don't need to right-click on the currently playing track and choose that option, since this add-on will do that automatically whenever playing track is changed. So, when MM starts to play another track, this add-on will find the folder which contains that track and show all its tracks in the main tracklist with the currently playing one selected.
OK. I understand now.
It does something similar to what MonkeyRok does.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

dypsis wrote:It does something similar to what MonkeyRok does.
I don't know, I am not using MonkeyRok. If you think that this add-on is redundant, I could remove it from my site and from here. Actually, I don't need this script, I wrote it because I saw many requests for such thing, for example Make Library "Follow" Currently Playing Track and Shortkey to jump to the current playing song. So, I don't understand how nobody didn't suggest MonkeyRok to those requests.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The "Monkey Rok"script is a context panel which provides a lot of information about a track and the album it is on. It does not populate the main tracklist, nor does it select the currently playing song. Personally I don't think I'd ever use the automatic mode, but to run it manually would be useful sometimes. :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

trixmoto wrote:The "Monkey Rok"script is a context panel which provides a lot of information about a track and the album it is on. It does not populate the main tracklist, nor does it select the currently playing song.
Thanks for clarification. It leaves me wondering how dypsis found that this add-on does something similar to what MonkeyRok does. From your description I cannot see any similarity.
Aff

Post by Aff »

Great script, this was a functionality I was looking for, thanks a lot!

For some reason the option "find in location folder" doesn't work if the language is set to German.
Could you add an option "find in Library"?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Aff wrote:For some reason the option "find in location folder" doesn't work if the language is set to German.
Thanks for the report. The bugfix will be included with the next update.
Aff wrote:Could you add an option "find in Library"?
Is this requirement in connection with the reported bug? If it is not, then I don't understand how do you mean that this should work, since the same track could be founded in several, if not all sub-folders of the Library folder, i.e. it could be within Artist, Album, Year... folders. How this add-on could know in which of those sub-folders should find it? Eventually, I could add several sub-folders of the Library folder as new options beside of Location and My Computer. For example, the built-in Find What from Same option has Artist, Album Artist, Album and Genre as possible choices (Playlist is not unique and definitely cannot be used), so I could add same folders in the Options dialog box as new choices.
Aff

Post by Aff »

The option "find in Library" would not open any child node.

There could be several options:

"find in current library node"
"find in library"
"find in artist"

Your code is already able to do this. You only need one additional line to activate the library node and a small part of your script:

Code: Select all

Set  SDB.MainTree.CurrentNode = SDB.MainTree.Node_Library

Set oSongList = SDB.AllVisibleSongList
    For i = 0 To oSongList.Count - 1
        Set oSongData = oSongList.Item(i)
        If oSongData.Path = sSongPath Then
            SDB.MainTracksWindow.Selected(i) = True
            SDB.MainTracksWindow.Focused = i
            If Not bRefresh Then Exit For
        ElseIf i = 0 Or bRefresh Then
            SDB.MainTracksWindow.Selected(i) = False
        End If
    Next
For the option "find in current library node" basically the first line has to be ignored.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Aff wrote:The option "find in Library" would not open any child node.

There could be several options:

"find in current library node"
"find in library"
"find in artist"

Your code is already able to do this. You only need one additional line to activate the library node and a small part of your script:
For the option "find in current library node" basically the first line has to be ignored.
You don't need to tell me how something could be done technically. I know exactly what code should be added or removed. As I said, your "find in Library" suggestion was ambiguous since the same track could be located in Artist, Album, Year... and all those folders which are sub-folders of the Library. You see, this add-on has two main distinct parts: the one which find folder with the current track and the another part which find that track in the tracklist. I didn't know that you want just the second part to find track in the Library node itself. However, there are now two new questions:
1. what if user has "Show tracks in the Library node" option turned off?
2. what if user has MM v3.1.0.1202 or older which didn't show any track when you select the Library node?
Well, those questions are just rhetorical, since MM older than v3.1.0.1218 cannot find track in the tracklist anyway.

I think that "find in current library node" suggestion has more sense, but what if the current node is not inside of the Library at all? What if you have selected some node from the Playlists folder, or Web, or Net Radio...? Maybe it would be better to have "find in currently displayed tracklist".
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I have show tracks in Library node turned off.
Aff

Post by Aff »

ZvezdanD wrote:You don't need to tell me how something could be done technically. I know exactly what code should be added or removed.
Sorry, of course I didn't doubt you know how to code this, as you are a one of the top script writers here! I was simply wondering how it could be done and tried it by myself. So I thought showing the code would make clearer what I've proposed.
ZvezdanD wrote:Maybe it would be better to have "find in currently displayed tracklist".
Very good! That's more precise.
I did'nt know there is an option to turn off show tracks in library node :oops:
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Aff wrote:Sorry, of course I didn't doubt you know how to code this, as you are a one of the top script writers here! I was simply wondering how it could be done and tried it by myself. So I thought showing the code would make clearer what I've proposed.
Hey, you don't need to apologize at all. And thanks for kind words :) Your code is nice, but it doesn't work correctly. The command SDB.MainTree.CurrentNode = ... is asynchronous and you should not use Set oSongList = SDB.AllVisibleSongList immediatelly after it. If you take a look at my code, you would see that I have a loop between those two lines which checks if the tracklist is finished with filling.

There is a new update: v1.1 - 2010-05-09
* Added: button on the Shortcuts toolbar to toggle finding of the currently playing track;
* Added: option to select track in the currently displayed tracklist without changing node;
* Fixed: finding of containing folder in the Library\Location node with non-English GUI.