d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

jiri

d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Post by jiri »

I have finally finished a testing version of new d_iPhone.dll plug-in that properly synchronizes with 3.0 firmware of iPhone/Touch. So far it isn't tested much, but all the basic operations seems to work fine (synchronization including album art, podcasts, synchronization of playcounts and ratings, ...). Please let us know about any problems with this new version.

Download: http://www.mediamonkey.com/beta/d_iPhone.dll

Thanks,
Jiri
jeloza

Re: d_iPhone.dll supporting iPhone 3.0 firmware

Post by jeloza »

I have downloaded the .dll you posted and would like to know how to associate it with the MM software in order to use it with my new iPod touch.
The iPod has been updated to the ver. 3.0 of the software and currently I can not use it with MM.

Thank you,

Jaime
ringgh0st

Post by ringgh0st »

great jiri! THANK YOU VERY MucH.
*testing*
jiri

Post by jiri »

The DLL goes to MediaMonkey/Plugins folder (usually in Program Files folder). Note that it's the very first version, intended only for testing, i.e. preferably for advances users only.

Jiri
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Thanks, Jiri! :)

But I have question: How do we need to set up iTunes? Just disable music synching? Because for other things like photos, backup, etc. we still need iTunes.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
carpediem041

Post by carpediem041 »

So far it seems to work. Make sure you delete any music that you have sync'd with itunes first. Thanks for all the help Jiri
Killjoy12

Post by Killjoy12 »

Does this work with the very latest firmware version (July) or just the April one?
Dossdoss

Post by Dossdoss »

First thanks for the work on this. Just to report a problem I'm experiencing, I manually sync my iPhone. I've just applied the plugin and tried to update (o.s. 3.0.1). Having tried to add a new album, Mediamonkey now displays it as being on the iPhone but wont actually play any tracks and neither the album or individual tracks appear in the iPhone's library when using the iPhone itself.
cmx

Post by cmx »

windows vista
MM 1256
3g iphone OS 3.0.1

Installed d_iphone.dll 8/11/2009 in mediamonkey's xxx/plugins folder:

-plugged iphone into laptop
-MM detected iphone immediately
-accessed iphone 3g w/3.0.1 via MM and was able to browse iphone and delete all files on the phone using MM (there were currently no files loaded by itunes on the phone other than m4r files which I did not delete)
-dragged and dropped one m4a file to iphone in MM

-disconnected device
-track played back properly on device

-reconnected device
***-MM DID NOT detect device(only thing different on my end I could tell was MM did not have focus when reconnected)
-unplugged and replugged device...MM then detected iphone OK

-Used "Send To" to send small playlist of one album including the above track
-sync initiated normally/immediately

-deleted all tracks from iphone using MM (did not delete m4r tracks)
-initiated auto-sync previously configured with MM 1256 with 762(5.6gb) track/playlist previously used and working with previous iphone OS 2.2 and MM dll versions(mixture of mp3 and m4a, all art embedded in tags, various sizes)
***-(seemed to TAKE QUITE A LONG TIME( 58 mins)...but I hadn't previously timed a sync so I can't verify if current dll sync operation took longer)

-accessed iphone via itunes and viewed tracks loaded by MM.

-tracks playing and art seem fine

Everything seems good so far.

**Big Berny- I have itunes set to "Manually Manage Music and Video" with music "sync" deselected and this has worked if I need to update "Info", Pictures", etc. using itunes
*******...but note if you modify RINGTONES in itunes that will also nuke music added by MM even with the manual settings in itunes.

MM needs to recognize and manipulate M4R ringtone files.

Thanks for the update jiri.

**added note- that might help others -iphone seems really touchy about album art...many times art that appears fine in MM will not work on iphone...if I clear and redo the album art in MM this seems to generally resolve issues
wjs3

Post by wjs3 »

Seems to be working fine.

I hadn't done any upgrades to the iTunes or my iPod Touch until this morning:

I updated my iTunes to 8.2.1.6
I updated my iPod Touch to 3.0
I installed the new d_iphone.dll
I plugged the iPod into the laptop
MM recognized it and immediately auto-synched without issue
All of my tracks / album art / etc still look good on the iPod

Thank you very much... I was going crazy holding out to upgrade but it seems it was worth it.
cmx

Post by cmx »

It is nice having MM back.

One big hole I feel now is itunes Remote. INCREDIBLY useful functionality...almost can't live without it.

iMonkey just does not come close without DB search functionality.

Could MM and iMonkey PLEASE work closely to come up with a practical MM DB search capability via iMonkey ???? It would be a SERIOUSLY MARKETABLE functionality for MM...and I would think the working concepts would translate to other wifi connected handheld devices moving forward.
azblk

Post by azblk »

Thanks Jiri working like a charm
granderne

Post by granderne »

When I plugged in the ipod I get two of them listed in the interface (tree view).

It will not synch. It says it is but MM finishes and the ipod just sits there on the "synching device" screen. If I disconnect it the playlist is exactly the same as before even though clicking on the device in MM shows the updated playlist.

XP (32 Bit)
wjs3

Post by wjs3 »

Looks like I spoke too soon

I actually have the same issue.

I still have my music from before the upgrade, but if I try to add a track I get the same. MM says it is adding the track... Sync ends in MM but the iPod hangs. I never see the new song.

I had never used iTunes to manage music on this anyway, I went straight to the Monkey. Is it possible that the databse is still in the 2.0 format since iTunes was never involved? Should I blow away all my music and attempt to re-sync?

Thanks,

wjs3
njkode

Post by njkode »

I have seen this as well, my iphone hangs up saying still syncing but its not. I cancel the sync and after that there is no songs on the iphone but they are shown in MM.

I deleted them all now I am syncing again just only doing one album at a time and checking after each album is done to make sure they are there.

But At least its better then nothing