Case & Leading Zero Fixer 1.4.2 (2008-04-15)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

runtherisk

Post by runtherisk »

Bex, this may be a real stupid question but does the script save your desired settings? My personal style is to eliminate all the lower case words and have each word in caps (artist, title, album..etc.) I delete all the little words run my scan and things work fine. I exit MM and do it again and all the little words are back and I have to remove them again?? Am I missing a save button?? Thanks!
Bex

Post by Bex »

@Gege, that's look good. But is the current layout that bad? :oops:

@Peke, I'll see what I can do.

@runtherisk,
You're right. I haven't catered for that situation. The list gets auto-populated with default values if it's empty upon startup. The script thinks it's a first install)
I'll fix it to the next release. As a workaround for now you can just add a period to the list.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Peke

Post by Peke »

@Bex
Thx, really appreciated.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gege

Post by gege »

Bex wrote:@Gege, that's look good. But is the current layout that bad? :oops:
OK, it's not "that bad", it just "can be better" 8)
But, please, don't be bothered by that. I do respect your work and that's just the opinion of an organization freak! :o

Cheers.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Cheers gege. We'll see what happens.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Bex:

Is there an "easy" way for you to add either a report before changes are made or a column which would show what the original case is?? Right now I run the script in MM 2.5 and 3 side by side just to see if I want the changes to be made. I would use the Little Words list but there are times when I want the little words changed and times when I don't.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
Bex

Post by Bex »

Simply "hover" over the yellow fields to see the old value!
(That functionality has always been there.)

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Thank you, I never knew that. One more question, if there is a track that you do not want changed, is there a way to remove it from the list without having to restart the report?

Nyn

Bex

Post by Bex »

No but you could add the word in question (Copy/Paste) to one of the lists and then press refresh. Or do you mean that you have words which you sometimes want to change and sometimes not?

All My Scripts
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

That will work. Thanks.

Nyn

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I need something that can process 125k+ files automatically for (only) leading zeros (add leading zero) without killing MM in the process! :o

edit:

btw, I did run this script with only track > add leading zero enabled on ~125k+ tracks...

it took 10-15 minutes to pull up the confirmation dialog, then after I pressed OK, it took just over 2 hours (of MM being otherwise frozen) to process the ~30k tracks that needed updated and queue tagging...

So, I suppose it worked/is working, however if anyone else attempts the same, be sure to allow it to finish processing before giving up and thinking its locked up or something.

2+ hours, 125k tracks (30k some needed updated), 4 gig ram, quad core 3ghz
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Bex, FYI I placed a bunch of sdb.processmessages on most of the loops (just before the next/wend) and the script runs much smoother for me on large selections... something to consider adding next time you update the script.

One thing I did notice using the liberal amount of sdb.processmessages, is that the dialog will display and accept input (ok/cancel/refresh) before the html is finished populating... it might be prudent to disable the ok/cancel/refresh buttons until the entire list is populated and loaded.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yeah send me the script and I will see what you have done! :lol:
The performance of this script is something I want to improve.
But stay tuned for a nice update within minutes. Which I'm sure you would have wanted before you updated your entire library. :wink:

All My Scripts
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

All I did was do search and add

Code: Select all

SDB.ProcessMessages
      Next
before every next (or other loop) statement that concluded a query or other high repeated section.

After adding those I went from the 10+ minute preview and 2+ hour lockup during processing, to MM being completely responsive the whole time.

it still took a long time to load the preview and process the database/update tags, but instead of MM being frozen, it continued to play and the UI worked normally.
Bex

Post by Bex »

Script is updated (MM3 only)
- Added Disc#
- Added possibility to batch update (add or remove) Leading zero on all Track#'s of all tracks in library. (From the option Sheet.)

Enjoy!
/Bex
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

All My Scripts