First of all, here's a screenschot:
Version 1.1.1 (Updated: 2008-02-25):
- Added option "Apply to Album".
- Added "add new" functionality.
- Added downloading artist-genres from rateyourmusic.com - if you select a genre that isn't yet part of your list you are asked whether you want to add it. In this dialog you can also change the genre name. Note: as rateyourmusic.com has relaunched its genre system two weeks ago many artists do not have any genres yet. It will probably take a few month until it is nicely filled with genres again. Also, they might change their website design (e.g. they were talking about adding colors to the genres according to how many people have voted for them). In this case the code will have to be adapted.
- changed design: All classifications and genres are hidden at startup, click the caption once to show them, click it again to hide them again.
- Added a checkbox "apply to artist" under each classification type. If you check this checkbox the values you have selected will be written to all of the artist's other songs as well. values that have not been selected for the current song but are selected in other songs will be kept in these songs. Only values that were unselected (colour: red) will be deleted from all tracks (so to delete a value from all tracks just select it once and apply to artist then unselect it and apply to artist again).
- The classifiction changer will only be updated when it is active.
- Added colors: green = selected and in tag/DB; yellow = selected but not in tag/DB yet; red = in tag/DB but not selected (thanks to Teknojnky who suggested this)
- fixed bug: tags were updated more than once
- fixed bug: problems with handling " and ' characters
- fixed another bug that was producing a runtime error
- fixed a bug that made the script not working (absolute path)
- adds a node (located after the Web Node) that gives you access to the Classification and Genre Changer
- lists all the tempos, moods, occasions and genres (only if used) from your database
- the tags from your currently playing song are highlighted
- to change the tags simply select / unselected them by clicking them
- green = selected and in tag/DB; yellow = selected but not in tag/DB yet; red = in tag/DB but not selected
- hit apply and your changes are written to the songtag and the MM-database
- lists tags you have already tagged the artist's songs with as well as the number of times you've used them with this artist
There's of course a lot of room for improvement (like customisation options, recommended tags from the web, ...)
looking forward to your comments, suggestions