Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Big Isch

Post by Big Isch »

One question:

Is it possible to use one of two fields conditionally ?
Reason is to make a node that shows artist by sortorder-name.

So, I'd like to use field "Custom 4" if it is non-empty, otherwise "Artist".

For "Angie Stone", I would set Custom 4 to "Stone, Angie",
For "Pink Floyd", I would leave Custom 4 blank.

Actually same for "Custom 5" and "Album Artist" ?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Big Isch wrote:Is it possible to use one of two fields conditionally ?
Reason is to make a node that shows artist by sortorder-name.
Currently, this is not possible, but I am working on that. In meantime, if you didn't already entered data into Custom field, I suggest another approach similar to this suggestion:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 827#116827

First, you should fill your Custom 4 field with same data as Artist, for example with the ExtractFields script. Then you should modify all the name <-> the last name replacements, manually or with a help of some script. Sorry, but I don't know if such script exists, so you could try with the Search.

In this way:
For "Angie Stone", you will have Custom 4 = "Stone, Angie",
For "Pink Floyd", you will have Custom 4 = "Pink Floyd".

After that, you could use Magic Nodes with Custom 4 as usual. Please let me know if/how you resolved that.

Another approach could be with two masks:

Code: Select all

<Group|Name:Artists by last name>\Person's names|Filter:<Custom 4> <> ''\<Custom 4>

<Group|Name:Artists by last name>\Band's names|Filter:<Custom 4> = ''\<Artist>
Unfortunately, with this approach you would have persons and bands in two separated branches. With the next mask you will get one branch, but again with separated persons and bands:

Artists sorted by Custom 4\<Artist|Sort by:Min(Custom 4)>
Big Isch

Post by Big Isch »

Thanks for response and ideas.

I tried ExtractFields (with modification for Custom 4), but I prefer
your idea with "Group". This actually works fine (thanks), except for
additional node. Could there be a 'Join' instead of 'Group' ?
renowden

Post by renowden »

Hi, my emails to ZvezdanD don't seem to be getting though so I will use this instead. Just to reassure you that I am still working on the manual. I have posted version 1.7 draft 4 (but I have just spotted that the date is wrong) at

http://west-penwith.org.uk/misc/MagicNodes17.pdf

I have added all the new stuff up to version 1.7.4.1 though the grouping field has no description as I am not sure what it does - I need to update my own copy and test it.

There are now a lot more examples at the end.

It says nothing about the UI and drag'n'drop. I don't use either of those features so if anyone can come up with a couple of paragraphs that would fit in with themanual I will add them in.

MM seems to have the YEAR tag as DATE on the properties window and I think it can hold more than just the year. Is that correct, and is it reflected in MagicNodes?

I think that is all for the moment.
Cheers,

Rick Parsons
gab

Post by gab »

I think I've found a bug. For some reason the Browser pane in MM3 doesn't always work when I select one of the magic nodes. When I select the magic node, the 3 panes in the Browser are blank. Other times it works fine
chew chew chew

Post by chew chew chew »

Hello. I just installed this script and, wow, I'm really loving it so far. This is going to take Media Monkey to the next level for me.

One thing I can't seem to figure out how to do, and I've skimmed through the thread here without success, is sort by date since last played.

Here's what I have:

Audit|child of:location|filter: <Flag> in ('Audit')\<album artist|sort by: avg(played)>\<album>
That works beautifully, but I think I may want it to sort by 'date since last played' instead of the current avg played. How would I do that?

Thanks in advance!
Big Isch

Post by Big Isch »

Is it possible to have following grouping?

Parent Node = Album Ratings
  • Subnode 1 = Albums with all tracks rated
    Subnode 2 = Albums with some tracks rated
    Subnode 3 = Albums with no tracks rated
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Big Isch wrote:This actually works fine (thanks), except for
additional node.
I am not sure that understand. As I said, this approach has a drawback of displaying two separated nodes. I strongly suggest first approach where you need to enter all values for Custom4 field. But, if you don't need one additional group node, you could remove Group pseudo-field with its qualifiers from two mentioned masks, and you would get two nodes immediately from the root of Magic Nodes branch.
Could there be a 'Join' instead of 'Group' ?
You have very valuable ideas, as usual :) Maybe I will see to implement something like this in next version.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Big Isch wrote:Is it possible to have following grouping?

<Group|Name:Album Ratings|Show tracks:No>\Albums with all tracks rated|Filter:Songs.ID In (SELECT ID FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum In (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Min(Rating) >= 0))\<Album|Statistic:Count(All), Avg(Rating)>

<Group|Name:Album Ratings|Show tracks:No>\Albums with some tracks rated|Filter:Songs.ID In (SELECT ID FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum In (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Min(Rating) < 0 AND Max(Rating) >= 0))\<Album|Statistic:Count(All)>

<Group|Name:Album Ratings|Show tracks:No>\Albums with no tracks rated|Filter:Songs.ID In (SELECT ID FROM Songs WHERE IDAlbum In (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Max(Rating) < 0))\<Album|Statistic:Count(All)>
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

gab wrote:I think I've found a bug. For some reason the Browser pane in MM3 doesn't always work when I select one of the magic nodes. When I select the magic node, the 3 panes in the Browser are blank. Other times it works fine
I said several times before (e.g. http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 245#126245) - this is not a bug with the Magic Nodes. MediaMonkey developers didn't exposed necessary API functions to interact with Track browser (and many other things of its user interface, if you ask me).

If you want this to be implemented, please go to the Wishlist forum and ask MM developers. I don't want to repeat same questions to them when nobody answering me.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

chew chew chew wrote:I may want it to sort by 'date since last played' instead of the current avg played. How would I do that?
You should be more specific what you want. Did you tried to replace avg(played) with min(days since last played)?
Big Isch

Post by Big Isch »

Hee,
thanks a lot for Albums with ratings !!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

renowden wrote:Hi, my emails to ZvezdanD don't seem to be getting though so I will use this instead.
I just checked, your mails are received, but they are reported as spam with Yahoo.

Most important thing which you need to add to the manual - Position qualifier is not only Group qualifier, but it could be used as Global qualifier as well (it could be used even if you don't want grouping possibilities).
MM seems to have the YEAR tag as DATE on the properties window and I think it can hold more than just the year. Is that correct, and is it reflected in MagicNodes?
MM Year field could contain full date since v3.x of MM, not only the year part. The Magic Nodes script displays only the year part of this field as a node or as statistics information. It could be used as year number within Filter qualifier as well, for example - Filter:<Year> = 2008.

If you need to use full date inside of the Filter qualifier, you could use something like this - Filter:Songs.Year = 20080218 (first four digits represents year, next two a month and last two digits a day).
Valrog

Post by Valrog »

Im wondering if this

Incomplete Albums|SQL filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(SongOrder) <> (Max(SongOrder+1)) AND Count(SongOrder) > 1)|show tracks:no\<Album Artist>\<Album>

can be modified for the newest version.im getting a *:no such column: SongOrder (1,1) error.

This was an example node from the old version.I would like to have a node showing incomplete albums but not sure its possible in this newest version.

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.Thanks and have a good day.
PoooMukkel

Post by PoooMukkel »

Is it possible to change one thing back? With V1.6.2.2 the following change came:

Fixed: expand of the node which was last selected on exit (only the first level) [MM3].

Is it possible, to turn this off? I don't want my node to be expanded, when starting MM3 again...

If it is not possible to change, may be it is possible to get the last version, without this feature? It must be V1.6.2.1. I can not download this version from your hp.

Thanks!
Cu,
PoooMukkel