Magic Nodes 1.3b (IS OUTDATED SEE NOTE IN FIRST POST)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Miz

Post by Miz » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:31 am

Hi,
I am using this script with great benefit. It is a great enhancement to MM.

As my collection is very large I put all of my songs on DVDs. A big part of them I keep on the Virtual CD of MM. So please, let me ask this question: How can I filter all songs that (don't) reside on the Virtual CD?
I assume this can be done with "SQL Filter:"? Well, I don't have the knowledge and the tools to examine the database, so a hint would be great.

Pablo, thank you very much for this invaluable tool.

Michael

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:30 pm

Miz wrote:Hi,
I am using this script with great benefit. It is a great enhancement to MM.

As my collection is very large I put all of my songs on DVDs. A big part of them I keep on the Virtual CD of MM. So please, let me ask this question: How can I filter all songs that (don't) reside on the Virtual CD?
I assume this can be done with "SQL Filter:"? Well, I don't have the knowledge and the tools to examine the database, so a hint would be great.

Pablo, thank you very much for this invaluable tool.

Michael
It's great that so many people find the script useful :D .

As I don't use the Virtual CD I'll have to research this a little bit, but you're right that one should be able to filter those tracks that are physically in the local hard disk(s).

Ideally one should be able to keep only accesible tracks (whether in the HD or removable media), but that seems harder to do.

As a quick and dirty fix, using SQL Filter:Songs.CacheStatus=1 will keep only tracks that are in the virtual CD.

What I plan to do is to add a field "drive type" (HD, CD/DVD, Virtual CD, Audio CD, Network, etc). Then using filter:drive type='Virtual CD' would filter out those tracks that are not in the Virtual CD, while using filter:drive type in('Virtual CD','HD') would keep those files that are physically in the local hard disk(s).

RogerD_AZ

Error msg: Magic Nodes 1.2b: 'unexpected quantifier'

Post by RogerD_AZ » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:23 pm

MM: 2.3.1
IE: 6
wsh: 5.6
System updated via "windows update"
Same specs and results on two computers.

While trying to create my first magic node I get the error msg:
#5018 MS VBScript runtime error
Unexpected quatifier
File: [path to script file][script] , Line: 443, column: 5

I'm cutting/pasting examples from Magic nodes site. I've read every message in the forum re: 1.2b and I seem to be the only one with this problem. Only thing I have figured out so far is I leave the \ out I don't get an error... example..

from Magic nodes site:
My first Magic Node\<artist>\<album>
.. the above causes the error.. but,
My first Magic Node<artist><album>
.. does not cause an error, however my node has that as a title and displays all tracks when clicking on it.

Thanks in advance..
Roger

alphabeta

Post by alphabeta » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:26 pm

Lovely tool - many congrats on writing it.

I am probably being dense here, but in version 1.2b - why is there no
"Child of:album" option?

Thanks!

Miz

Post by Miz » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:12 pm

Pablo wrote:Ideally one should be able to keep only accesible tracks (whether in the HD or removable media), but that seems harder to do.
Oh yes, I didn't think it through. Of course I put new songs on HD until they fill a new DVD. Then I move them to a DVD. Until then they are accessible but not in the Virtual CD.
Pablo wrote:As a quick and dirty fix, using SQL Filter:Songs.CacheStatus=1 will keep only tracks that are in the virtual CD.
Thank you, I will try that. This answers my original question and will help me a lot.
Pablo wrote:What I plan to do is to add a field "drive type" (HD, CD/DVD, Virtual CD, Audio CD, Network, etc). Then using filter:drive type='Virtual CD' would filter out those tracks that are not in the Virtual CD, while using filter:drive type in('Virtual CD','HD') would keep those files that are physically in the local hard disk(s).
That would be perfect. Thanks again.

Michael

Pablo

Re: Error msg: Magic Nodes 1.2b: 'unexpected quantifier'

Post by Pablo » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:45 pm

RogerD_AZ wrote:[...]While trying to create my first magic node I get the error msg:
#5018 MS VBScript runtime error
Unexpected quatifier[...]
Roger, that's very strange. I have no idea of what may be going on :-? .
You may trying reinstalling WSH as other people reported solving problems in this way.

Is anyone else using W2K?

You can try the following: open the script file in notepad. Find the following text (it's line 1113):

If CheckMask(userMask) Then

and replace it by

If True Then

That may solve your problem, although it will also cancel the error checking when you create scripts. So if you enter a malformed mask you'll get all kind of errors, but you should be ok if you just copy and paste from the web page.

Let me know if that helps.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:45 pm

alphabeta wrote: I am probably being dense here, but in version 1.2b - why is there no
"Child of:album" option?
Careless oversight :oops: . It will be ok in the next release :) .

alphabeta

Post by alphabeta » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:11 pm

Pablo wrote:Careless oversight :oops: . It will be ok in the next release :) .
Arf! Glad I am not the only one who does that kind of thing......

Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:21 pm

Need help with 2 magic nodes.

1. Is it possible to list least played albums? Like albums with 10 or lower play counts in total

Most Played Albums|child of:artist|\<album|sort by:sum(played)|sort order:desc|unknown:no|top:5 percent>

2. I want a node that lists the best of 70s, and displays all songs from the 70s with a rating of 4 or more.

pah68

Post by pah68 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:16 pm

Sammy20 wrote:I want a node that lists the best of 70s, and displays all songs from the 70s with a rating of 4 or more.
I'm keeping an eye on this one :wink: Good idea

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:52 pm

Sammy20 wrote:Need help with 2 magic nodes.

1. Is it possible to list least played albums? Like albums with 10 or lower play counts in total

Most Played Albums|child of:artist|\<album|sort by:sum(played)|sort order:desc|unknown:no|top:5 percent>
Your example is the closest you can currently get to that behavior (except that you have to use sort order:asc rather than sort order:desc).

The next version will probably have aggregate filters that would allow to setup exactly the node you want.
Sammy20 wrote:2. I want a node that lists the best of 70s, and displays all songs from the 70s with a rating of 4 or more.
This can be achieved by:
Best of 70s|filter:rating>=4 and year between 1970 and 1979\<artist>
The following should work but it doesn't:
Best of 70s|filter:rating>=4 and year between 1970 and 1979

(If you have the gold version you can get similar behavior with autoplaylists).

Sammy20

Post by Sammy20 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:01 am

Your example is the closest you can currently get to that behavior (except that you have to use sort order:asc rather than sort order:desc).
Great stuff, works just fine.
Best of 70s|filter:rating>=4 and year between 1970 and 1979\<artist>
Thanks again.

Just one more question. Can I input ratings that are say 3 1/2 stars. Or does it have to be rounded off to 3?

Edit: nevermind. just had to add .5 to it, and it worked.

RogerD_AZ

Re: Error msg: Magic Nodes 1.2b: 'unexpected quantifier'

Post by RogerD_AZ » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:10 pm

You may trying reinstalling WSH as other people reported solving problems in this way.
I had already tried that on both machines without luck.
You can try the following: open the script file in notepad. Find the following text (it's line 1113):

Let me know if that helps.
Yep, that works. I also made the same change for the "Edit Magic Node" routine so I could edit them otherwise I got the same error.

Is the below link helpful?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us ... tifier.asp

Either way it is now working well enough for me, very sweet add on. Thanks for your work.

Roger

hurrlipurr

Post by hurrlipurr » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:01 pm

I'm trying this:

Code: Select all

Jazz Spezial|filter:genre='Jazz'\<occasion>
but I get Access errors (more parameters expected) while

Spezial\<occasion>

Jazz Spezial|filter:genre='Jazz'\<artist>
both work fine... :-?

hurrlipurr

Post by hurrlipurr » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:55 pm

Another question: it seems to be impossible to combine Mood and Occasion, eg.

Test\<mood|unknown:no>\<occasion|unknown:no>