Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Mod. Magic Nodes 1.7.7 w/ installer & 50 masks [MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

Pauli wrote:Is there a possibility to take a part of a field?
There are several possibilities to take a part of a field, but none of them could be used as you want. The Trim qualifier could extract only leftmost and rightmost parts of a field; The (Exclusive) Right of and the (Exclusive) Right until qualifiers could be used to extract some part in the middle of a field, but only between specified strings. So, if you have a Comment field like: Chart type:tttt; Chart year:yyyy; Chart place:pppp, you could write:

Code: Select all

Charts\<Comment|Exclusive Right of:Chart type:|Right until:;>\<Comment|Exclusive Right of:Chart year|Right until:;|Sort order:DESC>
You can find description of those qualifiers and several examples in the PDF manual. Anyway, I already though about adding a possibility to extract a part of a field from specific character position, something like VBScript's Mid function, but I don't know which syntax to introduce for this. :-?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Pauli

Post by Pauli »

Hy and Thnak for your answer.

A MID Function would be great. The Syntax of MID:

Mid (string, start, [length] )

My songs are tagged with something like that: DJST2007-001

DJST is a abbreviation of the chart type for example 'German Year Single Top 100'. 2007 is the year and after the - it shows the place at the charts. Any idee to get a tree like that:

Charts --- DJST ---- 2007
DJAT ---- 2007

Thanks, Pauli
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Pauli wrote:The Syntax of MID:

Mid (string, start, [length] )
Of course I know VBScript's syntax of this function, but I am thinking about Magic Nodes' syntax where all qualifiers have single arguments (Sort by and Statistic are just special cases). If I want to implement some new qualifier in the MN script, I need to take in account many factors like compatibility and new qualifier name. Even if I decide to implement such syntax with multiple arguments, I think that SubStr is more appropriate name for such qualifier because SQLite version of this function allows negative start argument.
Pauli wrote:Any idee to get a tree like that
I told you already, this is not possible with the current version of this script. Your only solution is to modify your comments in all tracks to have a layout as I described (instead of ttttyyyyppp you should type something like Chart type:tttt; Chart year:yyyy; Chart place:pppp or CT:tttt; CY:yyyy; CP:pppp). In that way your chart type could be more descriptive because it don't need to be abbreviated and would be better looking in the tree panel. Modification of your existing tracks could be automatic and very fast with a help of my RegExp Find & Replace script. Here are settings for this:
Find what:

^(.{4})(.{4})(.{4})
Into: Comment
Regular expression 1: checked
Replace with:

Chart type:$1; Chart year:$2; Chart place:$3
Regular expression 2 and VBScript expression: unchecked

Even a conversion from abbreviated to expanded form of the chart type could be done with this script very easily. But if you really insist on such short form of the comment, you should consider a possibility to modify it in such way that forth character be a fixed one (for example "@"), i.e. it should be same for all chart types. Since your ninth character are always "-", a comment would be ttt@yyyy-ppp and you could write a mask like this:

Charts\<Comment|Trim:3>\<Comment|Exclusive Right of:@|Right until:-|Sort order:DESC>
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Pauli

Post by Pauli »

Okay and thank you very much.

<Comment|Exclusive Right of:T|Right until:-|Sort order:DESC> works now because the last letter is always T at the Moment and so the function gets the year.

Regards, Pauli
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Zvez,

You gave me the mask: Year|Icon:Top level\<Year|Trim:3>\<Year>\<Album Artist with Album>
To make a node which groups albums by decade. This gives a list:

----1943 etc

How can I make the "192" read "1920s", and so on for the others ? The established year node in MM3 does this already (but I dont want to use that one as it does not group by alubm artist).
Many thanks !
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

danhackley wrote:How can I make the "192" read "1920s", and so on for the others ?
Suggested solution is just a workaround to get tracks grouped by decades. Currently it is not possible to get customized node's captions. I could easily add one new field to the script, e.g. Decade, but I have a better plan to implement one more generic approach for construction of caption which could be used for such display as well. However, I could not predict when this would be finished.
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Thanks Zvez.

I've recently noticed an interesting anomaly with magic nodes: I added an album to my MM3 library:

Title: cream ibiza
Artist: various artists
album: cream ibiza
album artist: various artists
genre: trance

It's a compilation album which unfortunately is 1 file as there was no cue sheet. I added it to the library and can see it fine in "locations" with the correct tag attributes. It appears fine in the "album artist" magicnode and genre magicnode, but not in "compilations by album" magicnode -

[Compilations by Album|child of:album|SQL Filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT DISTINCT Songs.IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE Songs.Artist <> Songs.AlbumArtist AND Songs.IDAlbum > 0)\<Album|Trim:1>\<Album|statistic:max(year)>]

And also does not appear in the "compilations by genre" magicnode -

[Compilations by Genre|child of:album|SQL Filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT DISTINCT Songs.IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE Songs.Artist <> Songs.AlbumArtist AND Songs.IDAlbum > 0)\<Genre>\<Album|statistic:max(year)>]

And crucially, it does not appear in my "recently added albums" magicnode -

[Recently Added Albums|Child of:Artist|Icon:Top level|SQL filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(TrackNumber) = Max(Cast(TrackNumber As integer)) AND Count(TrackNumber) > 3 ORDER BY Min(DateAdded) DESC LIMIT 300)\<Album artist with Album|Sort by:Max(Days since added)|Sort key:0|Statistic:Max(Days since added)>]

It does however appear in my "album" magicnode -

[Album|child of:Artist\<album|trim:1>\<album|statistic:count(all)>\<album|sort by:max(year)|sort order:asc|statistic:count(all)>]

Any ideas why it appears in some magicnodes but not others ? Many thanks.
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
k_r_eriksson

Post by k_r_eriksson »

danhackley wrote: [Compilations by Album|child of:album|SQL Filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT DISTINCT Songs.IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE Songs.Artist <> Songs.AlbumArtist AND Songs.IDAlbum > 0)\<Album|Trim:1>\<Album|statistic:max(year)>]

[Compilations by Genre|child of:album|SQL Filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT DISTINCT Songs.IDAlbum FROM Songs WHERE Songs.Artist <> Songs.AlbumArtist AND Songs.IDAlbum > 0)\<Genre>\<Album|statistic:max(year)>]
To appear in the nodes the artist must be different from the album artist, "Songs.Artist <> Songs.AlbumArtist". You have both set as various artists so thats why.
danhackley wrote:[Recently Added Albums|Child of:Artist|Icon:Top level|SQL filter: Songs.IDAlbum IN (SELECT IDAlbum FROM Songs GROUP BY IDAlbum HAVING Count(TrackNumber) = Max(Cast(TrackNumber As integer)) AND Count(TrackNumber) > 3 ORDER BY Min(DateAdded) DESC LIMIT 300)\<Album artist with Album|Sort by:Max(Days since added)|Sort key:0|Statistic:Max(Days since added)>]
To appear in this node the number of tracks on the album has to be greater the 3, "Count(TrackNumber) > 3". You only has one track.

/Rickard
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Thanks Rickard ! I just came back to the forum as I had realised the problem - the tracknumber has to be >3. And well spotted about the album artist not being the same as the artist.
Good work !
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

One more question; my album artist magicnode:

Album Artist|child of:Artist\<Album Artist|Trim:1|Statistic:Count(Items)>\<Album Artist|Statistic:Count(Items)>\<Album|Sort by:Max(Year)|Statistic:Count(All), Sum(File size), Sum(Length)>

It lists album artists by letter, after each letter having the info (x album artists) where x is the count of album artists with that letter. Is it possible to have it display (x artists) instead (but keep the sorting by album artist, not artist).

Thanks !
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

danhackley wrote:Is it possible to have it display (x artists) instead (but keep the sorting by album artist, not artist).
I hate telling bad news, but neither this is possible. Maybe with the next major upgrade...
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Thanks - look forward to the next upgrade ! Good work going on there.

One final question - would it be possible to have a magic node for all albums where there is album art with 'image type' as 'not specified' ? This would make it quick and easy to go through all my albums where album art is not correctly assigned an image type.

Thanks
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
declan

Post by declan »

Cover type|Icon:Top level|Show tracks:No\<Cover Type|Unknown:No|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Album>
That's a very minor variation on one of the magic nodes that come with the script, that will give you the result you want.
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Awesome ! Thanks :)
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

declan wrote:

Cover type|Icon:Top level|Show tracks:No\<Cover Type|Unknown:No|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Album>
I am not sure if "Not specified" node is what he wants. I think this node displays tracks which have assigned some kind of bitmap which are not specified, i.e. it is not Front cover nor Back cover nor something else already predefined (http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... over_Types). However, you could remove Unknown:No from this mask and after that you would get tracks without bitmaps under the Unknown node.

If you want to display only tracks which don't have assigned bitmaps without one additional node level, you could use this mask:

Unassigned cover|Icon:Top level|Filter:Songs.ID NOT IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, Covers WHERE Covers.IDSong = Songs.ID)\<Album>