Peke wrote:Disable all things in WVS and leave only Player Controls + Spectrum.
Well quite honestly at this moment I rather look at the bugged default G15 display (with the missing title info) rather than reinstalling WVS and face all my previous problems again. At least this is something that always works and doesn't mess up my media keybinds either. Just a few things I can think about right now that really make me dislike WVS :
1) WVS fails to correctly display semi-exotic characters. For example it fails to properly write "Röyksopp" and the "ö" gets replaced with some weird Chinese or Japanese sign.
2) WVS conficts with MM in regards to the media keybinds. My previous solution was to unbind the keys in MM (I don't think you can do it in WVS) but that also means when WVS fails to start (more in the next topic), my media keys won't work either.
3) WVS often fails to start. Even after a fresh reboot and launching MM, there are many times when nothing is displayed on the G15 screen apart from the Logitech default screen saver while songs are playing in MM. Double-cheking in MM itself, WVS is supposed to be running though. Maybe this is because I'm using Vista 64 bit but I sure ain't going to change my OS for something like this.
4) WVS has way too many stuff in it and I believe it's not continued by its dev anymore. Sooner or later it's going to break (for me it already has, see point nr. 2).
5) The font used on WVS is just plain ugly and way too wide, making it waste precious display space. And it's impossible to change the font or to speed up the scrolling of text in case the artist + song title are too long to put on the display.
6) I believe WVS puts the artist and song title on the same line which is an unefficient usage of the G15's display space. Combined with the wide font this makes you wait rather long at times when you want to see the title of the song (or sometimes even worse, who's remix it is).
7) For something as simple as showing the basic media player info on your G15 display (which Windows Media Player does perfectly fine), I find installing such a heavy & overloaded-with-useless-stuff application like WVS way overkill.