MM creating files in C drive

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ambrose

MM creating files in C drive

Post by ambrose »

Hi, I have this problem with MM where it adds image files to my system directory (C:). The image files are in a .bmp file and a few examples of the files are:

9XITGS6RDKDTNGN6 - 1251.bmp
GXUA4HR9NHIYIYVD - 1043.bmp

I am unsure why this is happening and everytime I delete these images they come back. They are the images of my libraries album art.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
rovingcowboy

Re: MM creating files in C drive

Post by rovingcowboy »

monkey uses a cache of your album art to be able to show it faster in the album art plus details list view in monkey.

there is a line in the monkeys ini file that is set to 1 so it will be on just find that line that says to use album art cache and change it to 0 but remember it might slow monkey down when loading that listview of art and album details. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
ambrose

Post by ambrose »

Great :D Thanks for the help rovingcowboy. I will have a look into it. Also, do you know if this directory can be changed. ie, put it in a folder such as c:\MMTemp?
Thanks for the speedy reply
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no i don't think it can be changed. they might be able too its just i never did it all i did was turn off the cache. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
ambrose

Post by ambrose »

K thanks very much :D
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

You can set your temp directory at Tools -- Options -- General. I am not 100% sure but if you set the directory here, your cache files should be sent to that directory.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
ambrose

Post by ambrose »

Thanks Nyn, I checked that out, the temporary directory is set to its default which is:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\

I have had a look in this file and there seems to be the same types of files going in there. .BMP cached files.
So it is puzzling why some of these files are going to the root of C drive.
Thanks anyway
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

If you have a temp directory set and there are still files going to your root, I would suggest opening a support ticket for the support team to find and fix the problem.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nynaevelan wrote:If you have a temp directory set and there are still files going to your root, I would suggest opening a support ticket for the support team to find and fix the problem.

Nyn
This problem is fixed in the newest release of MM (3.1.0.1256).
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.