oh for crying out loud you think it would be easy to find your own post in this forum? i been looking for an hour or two and cant find one single post of mine that i said how to rip music from a cdrom.
so here goes I'll put it in this thread. HOW TO RIP A CDROM IN MEDIAMONKEY
1. put cdrom in computer.
2. start mediamonkey up.
3. go to monkey's options panel by way of the tool bar menu, look for the option to have monkey make a new playlist for recently added songs and make sure it is turned on.
4. go to the monkey's music explorer tree/ directory tree. and look for his 'MY COMPUTER' node left click it.Remember this is the same my computer directory that is used by windows so it is your real computer files you see in it. Only reason it is in monkey is so monkey can see what folders and songs you click on when you use the folders on your computer. he can't see the one in the windows explorer so be careful using this.
5. now left click on the node for your cdrom drive you placed the disc in.
6. now left click on the little all link, or on the plus sign beside it and then on the folder if any.
7. you should see all the songs on your cdrom listed as track or as the song name if the cdrom has CD text wrote on it.
8. if no CD text is on the disc, then you will see them listed as track 1, to how ever many there are on the disc.
you might see up to 20 or more songs on a disc, if the disc is said to have that many on it's CD case label, fine. but if the case label says it has 8 and you see more then 8. you have a cdrom with extra data on it like a video or bonus songs that were not listed. check each track over the known amount by playing it in monkey. if it won't play in monkey then you will have to exit monkey. and explore the disc by using windows explorer, just like going in to the folder system, and look and see what the extra files on the disc are, could be a video or a text file or even a special video player for their hidden video., if you see any of them you will have to check the size of the files that look like music files most of them will most likely be fake files of only a few kb's in size but one is an audio file for the video so you can count that as a song. the others you can't rip.
so remember the number of the found audio file and add that to the list you are going to rip from the cdrom disc.
9. now you go back in to mediamonkey start with step 2 and do 4 and 5 and 6 again to get to see the songs list again and then do step 10.
10. after you get the song list back up if there is no text there you will have to add it. by typing it in from reading the cdrom. you could use auto tag from web but that might mess up if the disc had extra files on it. so i just type it in from reading the case label i know its right then.
11. after getting the titles and artist names all typed in the list. you now go to the menu bar and click on the rip button, or on the edit link and then on the rip link.
12. after clicking on the rip link or the button you will get a panel with your song info you just typed, in the list make sure the songs you want to rip are the only ones checked. no need to rip fake files or video files since that will crash monkey. now make sure you have the location of your folder you rip temp files in to. typed in the text area on top. you use the mask for that. if you have the monkeys option to use the user friendly masks, turned on in his main options panel then you can just type the mask as C:\my music\temp ripped songs\<artist>\<title>
and monkey will put them there using the tags for the artist and title, title will be the song file name.
if that wont show then you have to go turn on that option or use the %T code stuff.
13. after you get that pathway/ mask/ local url. set up in that text line, click the okay button.
14. monkey is now ripping the songs to the format you wanted him too, and placing them in that location you told him to use.
your done just wait until he is finished then you can go to that new playlist and check to see if all the information is in the list or if you have to add some more for each song.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16724
for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at viewtopic.php?p=44008#44008
Xp pro sp3, vers 3.2 jukebox, pcchips mb. amd sem... built by me) 2.
WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.2 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.
WinXp pro sp 3 version 2.5 and version 3.2 work gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 4.
Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox. 5.
WinXp pro sp3, vers 2.5.5, moms computer. Sony vaio.)6.
Motorola Photon. Android 4.1.2