MM Android Player

This forum is for questions / discussions regarding development of addons / tweaks for MediaMonkey for Windows 4.

Moderators: Gurus, Addon Administrators

Re: MM Android Player

Post by Guest »

Peke wrote:Like Jiri said. It will be public soon. But I asure you that it is live and working.

Can you pls tell me how you gonna tell us, when we can download the app. in the play store?
I'm waiting for it.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Problem is that I do not know exact date, I only know that with each build (almost daily) it gets polished and better. Who knows we may surprise you all sooner than you think.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i'm waiting to beta it when ready for beta. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

man i really hate google music player that dang thing wont uninstall? and it changed all my albums from the correct original ones i had to all the remake or mulitple artists albums it found online. so now my songs are all jacked. i really have to agree on the massive need for great taging program on android and i sure hope mm can provide it.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Post by Guest »

Peke wrote:Problem is that I do not know exact date, I only know that with each build (almost daily) it gets polished and better. Who knows we may surprise you all sooner than you think.
What are the possibilities with the MM for Android.

What I am looking for is an android media player which can play music from a NAS (Qnap) and further on everything MM can do on a windows machine.
So:
- selecting and searching for Title of the song, Artist, Album, Year

Can I get a beta version, so I can try?
Pls.
Xavier
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

It has been said that they plan to run a public beta cycle, so that is what's being referred to as being close.

Post by Guest »

Any update? So excited can't explain it.... This syncing with PlayerPro is driving me crazy...

Post by Guest »

I've been checking this thread a few times a day for three weeks now. Give us something. :)
halfnhalf

Post by halfnhalf »

I was about to make my own post asking sort of about this (if MM portable would install on Android and run normally), but I see I'm behind the game! :)

The prospect of this really excites me. I was going to use AudioGalaxy because I figured my music collection was too huge to bother putting on a phone, but when I double checked my MM library, it's only like 9 gigs! Totally doable on a big enough card! And with a MM player, I wouldn't even have to be online to use it! This could save my sanity at work lol!

It's probably way late to be posting this, but what I would personally want for an Android MM player is syncing between desktop MM and Android MM for song content and playlists. The ability to download podcasts would be cool. I think it could be cool to have a feature sort of like SubSonic/AudioGalaxy idea where friends you designate could login and listen to your music, as long as it didn't interfere with your own listening. (I wouldn't think it would if you had the hard files.) I just know my hubby is musically clueless and asks me to recommend stuff for him quite often.

Honestly, that's pretty much all I think I would want. I'm pretty simple. I basically just want access to all my music all the time if that's possible. :)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

just one issue i found with my android phone is that i have to keep reconnecting it meaning the usb port is also the charging port. i have to change the connection from media to mass and then load the files from the computer to the sd card. then change it back to media connection and move the files from the sd card to the internal storage, so for me the auto sync would not work, um?? unless i can find a 300 gb micro sd card? to fit all my files on. um? then playing all that music will drain power fast from my batterie and the phone won't work? :-? if it aint one thing its another? :(

oh well 3 gb's of songs i have now can be changed out from time to time i guess. but i really need mm on android to make all the ogg files play because now not all ogg will play on android, at least my android, maybe its the dll file or maybe there is a volume limit on the android op system and my ogg that won't play are over the volume limit? but what that is i don't know as i have several songs that wont play that are low volume and some with high power using bass beats that will play on the android? so i'm thinking its the dll file used by android that is the cause of it. also the default EQ i have seems to be weak on staying on when playing ogg files for a long time i have to check and see if it is on or if it turned off on me about every half hour or so. it also seems to hog power which i didn't think an EQ was to do.?

but i'm really wanting mm on android like the rest of us. i've been reading around the web and some places are reporting that android is in trouble because there is not any must have app, for android systems, so mm if done right might be that must have app, that will make other developers not give up on android.
8)
jiri

Post by jiri »

Sorry for teasing you for so long. We make some last minute fixes and unless anything serious shows up, we'd like to release a beta within a week.

Jiri

Post by Guest »

Sweet!!
Wiz™

Post by Wiz™ »

Guest wrote:Sweet!!
My words exactly, except in a Cartman voice.
"We Don't Stop Playing Because We Get Old,
We Get Old Because We Stop Playing"
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

One thing i'm really sick of and i hope you can get mm to control it is the fact something in the android player or system is resetting the option to have music sync'ed online, from off to on and then it messes up all my tags to the da...... crap data bases online tags i dont have those remake albums and it piss's me off that my tags and art work are changed to the wrong album, sure its only on this device and i said i was'nt going to really keep track of the songs info, for historical value, but to change it to something that is wrong is just pis poor programing its google music that is being turned on some how, and i dont even use that player its just a system installed piece of crap i cant get uninstalled, its very noticeale the tags are changed when you know the songs all had album covers and you dont see any when the songs show up, then you see album names that you dont have.

Please make media monkey controll the sync'ing option so i can keep my tags correct, i know if its happening to my tags then its going on with everyone else that has that crap google player installed,
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

jiri, MM has irritating habit of interfering with my custom user setup.
Columns, devices, and file type association icons all come to mind as huge MM annoyances.
I do hope you can reassure us that our precious tags will not be touched by MM thinking it knows best when clearly It Does Not.
MediaMonkey user since 2006