Playlists - Persistent display while adding/organizing?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ArsVendy

Playlists - Persistent display while adding/organizing?

Post by ArsVendy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:03 am

Hello all -

I have a UI question that I hope somebody can help me solve. I'm looking to find a way to make a Playlist window or windowpane persistant, either temporarily or permanently. The reason for this is that I would like to keep the contents of the playlist on the screen while I am adding music to it.

Right now, for example, if I have the contents of the playlist up on the Details and Column Browser panes, it goes away when I use the Media Tree to select music to drag over to it. This causes an awful lot of back-and-forth to add music, pop back to the playlist to check what's there and how large it is in GB, etc. Is there any way to do this that I am overlooking, or is it possible to do this with a skin or other custom UI mod?

Thank you all for your help -

Lowlander

Re: Playlists - Persistent display while adding/organizing?

Post by Lowlander » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:39 am

You can't add additional panes. You can either use an additional tab for the Playlist, drag & drop files on the Playlist in the Playlist node, use right click, Send To or use the Now Playing window to organize the Playlist (and then save it).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Bex

Re: Playlists - Persistent display while adding/organizing?

Post by Bex » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Perhaps this script could be of interest?
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 9&p=345050
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts