Hello,
NMSAccess is a service installed by Cheetah DVD Burner software to allow non-admin users to burn CD's.
http://www.cheetahburner.com/security.html
I noticed that when I have this service running, MediaMonkey 2.5.2 Beta2 does not exit, it continues to stay in the systray. The only way to make it quit is to kill the process via the TaskManager.
If the NMSAccess service is disabled then MM seems to be OK.
I'm not sure whether this is a MM or NMSAccess issue.
Thank you for looking into it.
Conflict with NMSAccess service - MM can't exit
Moderator: Gurus
-
SirDracula
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:17 am
-
SirDracula
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:17 am
I can't give you a log because I uninstalled NMSAccess and don't plan on installing it again.
I'm sure you could try reproducing the problem yourself if you really want to fix it. If not, then at least there's a post here for people who run into the same issue and the workaround is to disable (or uninstall) NMSAccess while using MediaMonkey.
I'm sure you could try reproducing the problem yourself if you really want to fix it. If not, then at least there's a post here for people who run into the same issue and the workaround is to disable (or uninstall) NMSAccess while using MediaMonkey.
-
SirDracula
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:17 am
-
sasapuksic
- Posts: 106
- Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:43 am
- Location: Maribor, Slovenia
- Contact:
I am having the same problem although I have no clue about the process called NMSAccess. I am pretty sure it doesn’t run on my system. This happens 50% of times as I want to exit or if I double click the next track (want to start another track) in now playing the MM freezes, doesn’t want to stop the icon in tray want disappear, have to kill the process, losing all the preferences changes that I have made ...
Its quite annoying…

Its quite annoying…
As previously mentioned you should try to create a bug log as described in the bug forum.
Download MediaMonkey ♪ License ♪ Knowledge Base ♪ MediaMonkey for Windows 2024 Help ♪ MediaMonkey for Android Help
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
-
yo
Problem log created - will it help?
I have the same problem and don't use NMSAccess.
I have done as the instructions for reporting a bug say, and have generated the following report after running the debug form of mediamonkey:
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: Checking drive E:
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: GetFileHandle(): Setting for Win2K
[3484] akrip32: scsipt: CreateFile() returned 0
[3484] : Index 4: fh == 00000090
[3484] Device E: Port=0, PathId=0, TargetId=1, Lun=0
[3484] AKRip32: SPTI: Adding drive E: (0:1:0)
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: Checking drive F:
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: GetFileHandle(): Setting for Win2K
[3484] akrip32: scsipt: CreateFile() returned 0
[3484] : Index 5: fh == 00000098
[3484] Device F: Port=1, PathId=0, TargetId=1, Lun=0
[3484] AKRip32: SPTI: Adding drive F: (1:1:0)
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: Checking drive I:
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: GetFileHandle(): Setting for Win2K
[3484] akrip32: scsipt: CreateFile() returned 0
[3484] : Index 8: fh == 0000008C
[3484] Device I: Port=2, PathId=0, TargetId=0, Lun=0
[3484] AKRip32: SPTI: Adding drive I: (2:0:0)
[3484] WMDM: Inializing WMDM
[3484] WMDM: Starting action id: 0
[3484] WMDM: Creating Dev Mgr
[3484] WMDM: Geting auth interface
[3484] WMDM: End of IU
[3484] WMDM: Authenticating
[3484] WMDM: Creating Notifications
[3484] WMDM: Notifications ok.
[3484] WMDM: Looking for device changes...
[3484] <d9c>[Constructor]Reference Count: 0
[3484] <d9c>[Going to Init]Reference Count: 1
[3484] WMDM: Finished action id: 0
At this point, I try to exit, it minimizes to the systray and I am forced to kill the process if I wish to exit. Please advise if you know what might be causing this.
Thanks in advance
I have done as the instructions for reporting a bug say, and have generated the following report after running the debug form of mediamonkey:
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: Checking drive E:
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: GetFileHandle(): Setting for Win2K
[3484] akrip32: scsipt: CreateFile() returned 0
[3484] : Index 4: fh == 00000090
[3484] Device E: Port=0, PathId=0, TargetId=1, Lun=0
[3484] AKRip32: SPTI: Adding drive E: (0:1:0)
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: Checking drive F:
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: GetFileHandle(): Setting for Win2K
[3484] akrip32: scsipt: CreateFile() returned 0
[3484] : Index 5: fh == 00000098
[3484] Device F: Port=1, PathId=0, TargetId=1, Lun=0
[3484] AKRip32: SPTI: Adding drive F: (1:1:0)
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: Checking drive I:
[3484] AKRip32: SCSIPT: GetFileHandle(): Setting for Win2K
[3484] akrip32: scsipt: CreateFile() returned 0
[3484] : Index 8: fh == 0000008C
[3484] Device I: Port=2, PathId=0, TargetId=0, Lun=0
[3484] AKRip32: SPTI: Adding drive I: (2:0:0)
[3484] WMDM: Inializing WMDM
[3484] WMDM: Starting action id: 0
[3484] WMDM: Creating Dev Mgr
[3484] WMDM: Geting auth interface
[3484] WMDM: End of IU
[3484] WMDM: Authenticating
[3484] WMDM: Creating Notifications
[3484] WMDM: Notifications ok.
[3484] WMDM: Looking for device changes...
[3484] <d9c>[Constructor]Reference Count: 0
[3484] <d9c>[Going to Init]Reference Count: 1
[3484] WMDM: Finished action id: 0
At this point, I try to exit, it minimizes to the systray and I am forced to kill the process if I wish to exit. Please advise if you know what might be causing this.
Thanks in advance
