Playlists appear and disappear in seemingly random fashion

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

terryo
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Playlists appear and disappear in seemingly random fashion

Post by terryo »

mmw 4.1.9.1764 - mma 1.1.3.0482 - Samsung Note 3 - Android 5.0 - Kernel 3.4.0-4335446

log M5ZEU40P8H

Today, sync operation is causing playlists in mma to appear and disappear in seemingly random fashion even though list of checked playlists for the Note 3 in mmw is mostly unchanged.

Log was sent immediately after a sync performed after I changed the name of a folder from "z - Diaspora" to "z - Diaspora recent" and changed the files within this playlist. This sync removed all the other playlists and left only "z - Diaspora recent" all by its lonesome.
terryo
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Playlists appear and disappear in seemingly random fashi

Post by terryo »

I also found a second sync restored all the playlists, but this is really inconvenient because it takes the Note 3 a long time to settle down after restoring the playlists.

I should add that individual playlists have been disappearing between syncs for unknown reasons. I don't even know if it is possible for me to delete a playlist while using mma.
rusty
Posts: 9103
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:39 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Playlists appear and disappear in seemingly random fashi

Post by rusty »

Log was sent immediately after a sync performed after I changed the name of a folder from "z - Diaspora" to "z - Diaspora recent" and changed the files within this playlist. This sync removed all the other playlists and left only "z - Diaspora recent" all by its lonesome.
So that we test this correctly, can you confirm:
- did you change the folder name in MMW? and by 'folder' are you referring to the actual folder as it appears in Windows File Explorer or are you referring to an Artist name or some other attribute of the tracks in question, Or is 'z - Diaspora' the name of a playlist rather than a folder?
- are you using any other music apps on your device that might be causing playlists to be edited?
- are you syncing content to internal memory or to the SD card?

Also, to answer your question, you _can_ delete a playlist via MMA.

Thanks.

-Rusty
terryo
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Playlists appear and disappear in seemingly random fashi

Post by terryo »

Rusty wrote:
So that we test this correctly, can you confirm:
- did you change the folder name in MMW? and by 'folder' are you referring to the actual folder as it appears in Windows File Explorer or are you referring to an Artist name or some other attribute of the tracks in question, Or is 'z - Diaspora' the name of a playlist rather than a folder?
- are you using any other music apps on your device that might be causing playlists to be edited?
- are you syncing content to internal memory or to the SD card?

'z - Diaspora' is a playlist as is 'z - Diaspora recent'

I changed the playlist name in mmw. I also removed three tracks from the newly renamed 'z - Diaspora recent'. They were Diaspora 15-0910, Diaspora 15-0917 and Diaspora 15-0924 and added two new tracks, Diaspora 15-1001 and Diaspora 15-1008. Each of these tracks are 2+ hour long, 250-350 MB files. (iTunes used to choke on files this large regularly. Apple don't listen like you guys do.)

I am 100% faithful to mmw and mma. Nothing else shuffles my bits.

I am syncing everything to the SD card.
rusty
Posts: 9103
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:39 am
Location: Montreal, Canada

Re: Playlists appear and disappear in seemingly random fashi

Post by rusty »

Thanks. Looking into it. I've seen the bug once, but can't consistently replicate it. I believe it's the same issue as is described here:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=12082

Will re-open if I can figure out steps to replicate.

-Rusty
Post Reply