This is a strange one.
At end of a playlist, playback continues to next playlist instead of stopping when using DLNAreceiver.
Connecting my receiver to MediaMonkey via DLNA, then listening to a playlist, the playback does not end when the playlist is finished, it continues to the next playlist (ex. Playlist-A is done but playback continues to Playlist-B).
I have confirmed this is not a potential loop by creating "Z-Playlist" and playback does stop.
This is a relatively new issue. I do not recall exactly when this started because I do not use the receiver to control MediaMonkey frequently, maybe 3 times a month.
I have:
Mediamonkey 2024.2.2.3222
Onkyo TX-8160
Windows 11, latest build
Receiver and computer connected via CAT 5 cable.
Thanks,
Steve
Playlist does not stop
Moderator: Gurus
Re: Playlist does not stop
Where do you select the playlist to play? In MMW to cast to the device or on the device itself?
Download MediaMonkey ♪ License ♪ Knowledge Base ♪ MediaMonkey for Windows 2024 Help ♪ MediaMonkey for Android Help
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Re: Playlist does not stop
Then presumably it's the device that is causing the issue, as it's requesting content from MediaMonkey. You may want to contact the device manufacturer to see if they can help with this issue.
Download MediaMonkey ♪ License ♪ Knowledge Base ♪ MediaMonkey for Windows 2024 Help ♪ MediaMonkey for Android Help
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Re: Playlist does not stop
I was afraid of that. This is an "older" receiver that might not be able to handle the latest protocols.
-
movieboxapk
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2026 6:26 am
Re: Playlist does not stop
Thanks for the detailed information. Since creating a playlist that sorts later alphabetically (like “Z-Playlist”) causes playback to stop, it sounds like MediaMonkey may be treating the next playlist as part of the playback queue rather than ending playback at the current playlist.
I’d check the DLNA playback/queue settings and whether the receiver is sending a “play next” command after the playlist finishes. It may also be worth testing with a newly created playlist to see if the behavior occurs consistently.
If this started relatively recently, comparing the behavior with an earlier MediaMonkey version could also help determine whether it was introduced by a recent update.
I’d check the DLNA playback/queue settings and whether the receiver is sending a “play next” command after the playlist finishes. It may also be worth testing with a newly created playlist to see if the behavior occurs consistently.
If this started relatively recently, comparing the behavior with an earlier MediaMonkey version could also help determine whether it was introduced by a recent update.