I am running MM 2024.2.2.3222 in Windows 11. I have been a casual user of MM for years. I have several thousand mp3 files sorted into folders by artist. These folders are stored in one root folder on my hard drive. The view in MM I have had for years, when I choose the root folder in the tree in the left panel, is a list of songs, with all the attributes I've selected in the columns, with the column headings at the top. I did not see the artist folders, nor did I want to. Now, for seemingly no reason, all I see is the artist folders. I can open each one and see the songs (mp3's) within, but I can not figure out how to get back to the view of all songs without the artist folders. My column headings are gone also. If I scroll to the bottom of the list of folders, there are column headings at the bottom, but they are not the custom column headings I have chosen. There is nothing below the column headings I can see at the bottom.
I assume I'm missing something obvious, but I sure can't find it. Can someone tell me what it is?
Thanks.
Lost songs in folders
Moderator: Gurus
Re: Lost songs in folders
The Filelisting is user configurable. You may have enabled one of the Folders related elements. You may also have switched Views.
Download MediaMonkey ♪ License ♪ Knowledge Base ♪ MediaMonkey for Windows 2024 Help ♪ MediaMonkey for Android Help
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Re: Lost songs in folders
Thanks for the reply. I have been over these instructions previously. Under "View", "Main Panel View", I have chosen every option listed, but still do not get a view with my files shown, only folders appear. The Wiki says "List shows a basic list of your media files and their tags." I get only folders, no files.
I see on the Wiki the thumbnail for "Filelisting List View". That is the view I have always had in the past. I had it just a few days ago, when I loaded my playlist onto a USB thumb drive. I moved these files outside MM, using File Explorer, as I always do. Back in MM, when I chose the thumb drive in the tree to assure all files were present, it showed only folders, no files. I then chose the playlist folder I had copied to the thumb drive, and it too shows only folders.
Any other thoughts?
I see on the Wiki the thumbnail for "Filelisting List View". That is the view I have always had in the past. I had it just a few days ago, when I loaded my playlist onto a USB thumb drive. I moved these files outside MM, using File Explorer, as I always do. Back in MM, when I chose the thumb drive in the tree to assure all files were present, it showed only folders, no files. I then chose the playlist folder I had copied to the thumb drive, and it too shows only folders.
Any other thoughts?
Re: Lost songs in folders
Did you try and see if you can disable Folder based elements?
If that doesn't work, please provide a screenshot to explain the issue.
If that doesn't work, please provide a screenshot to explain the issue.
Download MediaMonkey ♪ License ♪ Knowledge Base ♪ MediaMonkey for Windows 2024 Help ♪ MediaMonkey for Android Help
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)