Onscreen Keyboard

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

scraane

Onscreen Keyboard

Post by scraane » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 am

Windows XP has a onscreen keyboard (osk.exe). Is there a way to intergrate this into MM? So I don't need a keyboard anymore?

bal~D~J~erk

Post by bal~D~J~erk » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:54 am

I'm pretty sure you already can, as with any application. Use the keyboard in hover mode & make sure MM is your top level window & it should work fine.

scraane

Post by scraane » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:05 am

True, but it will cover a part of MM, and I would like to see it as a part of MM. Also, in party mode the keyboard is send to the back.

A onscreen keyboard would be ideal for a bar or something.

Peke

Post by Peke » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:50 pm

Hmmm.... If it support docking then a Script could manage docking part, but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyone?
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add Images to forum

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:26 pm

To get the onscreen keyboard in Windows XP go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Accessibility > On Screen keyboard. I don't know how it works though.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Peke

Post by Peke » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:27 pm

Script Could be made to start OSK.exe within MM button in toolbar, will that be enough?
Best regards,
Pavle

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:45 am

I have no idea how you'd dock the OSK into MM, but presumably similar to however Steegy managed to do it with MiniLyrics.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Send me BTC: 34VQPVsf9mCeR4nfhFvvBYZqQ7LkqNZ8Mn
Send me LTC: 3P1mzrfbyscdhbxRpXLgKz7tufGAU3SrEG
Send me DOGE: 9xPpYSqgF7P5yQiqvE1VqWb4UjxVCCLFJ6
Check out these great cryptocurrency faucets... BTC / LTC / DOGE

Steegy

Post by Steegy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:22 pm

Hi

Try the following files. Copy them to MediaMonkey's Scripts\Auto folder (usually C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto) and (re)start MediaMonkey.

Program: http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... bedder.exe
Script: http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... bedder.vbs

If the (re)positioning goes to slow, you can it up by making the timer interval in the script file (OSK Embedder.vbs) smaller.
in the source code: e.g. TimerTimeout = 1000 (1 seconds) instead of TimerTimeout = 5000 (5 seconds).
You can also enable "realtime-resizing" be uncommenting line 24 (remove the ' in front of it). Due to the nature of this functionality, it works somewhat strange (high cpu%, flickering and possible slight (very slight and temporarily) mouse problem after releasing the button).

It looks like this: http://home.scarlet.be/ruben.castelein/ ... screen.gif

Cheers
Steegy
Last edited by Steegy on Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Peke

Post by Peke » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:55 pm

@Steegy
Good Work I knew that someone will be capable to make this :)
Best regards,
Pavle

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:59 pm

Hey Steegy, this works well. There is only one issue where if you resize the keyboard screen in MediaMonkey that the keyboard size doesn't get update. Changing keyboard settings will resize the keyboard according to the window size.

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:17 am

This isn't something I need - but it's very cool! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Send me BTC: 34VQPVsf9mCeR4nfhFvvBYZqQ7LkqNZ8Mn
Send me LTC: 3P1mzrfbyscdhbxRpXLgKz7tufGAU3SrEG
Send me DOGE: 9xPpYSqgF7P5yQiqvE1VqWb4UjxVCCLFJ6
Check out these great cryptocurrency faucets... BTC / LTC / DOGE

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:36 am

2 more issues. I would like the script to remember if it is enabled or not. Now with every restart of MediaMonkey the keyboard comes up.

Secondly, but I don't know if this is a script issue, it shows the onscreen keyboard welcome message each time MediaMonkey start. I've told it to not show anymore, but it still does.

Steegy

Post by Steegy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:40 pm

There is only one issue where if you resize the keyboard screen in MediaMonkey that the keyboard size doesn't get update.
Hmm.. Do you wait long enough? The script embeds and repositions the On-screen keyboard program every 10 seconds (by default, using SDB.CreateTimer(10000)). So if you resize the panel withing MediaMonkey, you'll have to wait maximum 10 seconds to get the OSK resized accordingly.
If this isn't the problem, then I'm afraid I didn't understand your question well enough.
I would like the script to remember if it is enabled or not.
Yep. This should definately be done. I have noticed this sometimes annoying behaviour too.
it shows the onscreen keyboard welcome message each time MediaMonkey start ...
This is a problem of the OSK, caused by the fact that it is embedded. The only way (I see) to get rid of this message box is to close it programmatically (automaticly by the embedder program).

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:56 pm

Well I thought it would work and I did wait those 10 seconds. Trying it once more and now it works as expected, must have needed a restart of Windows.

Thanks

Steegy

Post by Steegy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:14 pm

The embedder script&program have been updated. Please see http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 9894#59894
It works completely allright for me. Please post all issues, should you have any.

Cheers
Steegy