Track sorting and lock screen notification

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

tat45

Track sorting and lock screen notification

Post by tat45 »

I'm looking for a couple things and did not see options in the new Ui:
1. Sort tracks by alphabetical order
Right now it is sorting alphabetically by the Artist name rather than the track title which is pretty useless. Specifically I am looking to sort alphabetically while ignoring 'the' if present as the first word like it did before the update.
2. The notification on lockscreen is now using the default android player rather than the mm specific one
If I remember correctly there was an option to force the mm specific in the old version. As it is now rather than click on the notification on the lock screen and swipe up to open mm to the current track I have to click on the album art which is 1/6 of the bar.

If someone could point me in the right direction to do these or let me know if they're already in work I'd appreciate it.
Lowlander

Re: Track sorting and lock screen notification

Post by Lowlander »

1. Sorting is slated for a future release, it didn't make it into the current release.
2. It's still in the Settings: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/MMA_Se ... ifications
tat45

Post by tat45 »

I see you've replied that it's still in there in other threads but the only setting I have is "show notifications in bar" which only gives options for time displayed under UI with no option for the mini player https://ibb.co/PGfmNWC
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Small and Large should give you the MediaMonkey one.
tat45

Post by tat45 »

Sorry, small and large what exactly? The only notification option under UI menu is the total time allowed to show notifications on the lock screen when paused/inactive.

Is in another menu other than the UI menu screenshot I posted? I've looked in pretty much every sub-menu and found nothing.

I guess I should clearly state I'm on V 2.0.0.1076 for the record as well.
Last edited by tat45 on Tue May 02, 2023 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

In MMA 2 the default Android notification is used--except when running on older versions of Android.

Can you clarify for me what the issue is that you're having (and what device/OS you're using)?

Thanks!

-Rusty
tat45

Post by tat45 »

If that's the default behavior then that answers my question.
I'm on a samsung galaxy A52 with android13.

My only issues are that the system default player is less usable than the previous app specific implementation in a couple ways. For example the old player had larger/better space between buttons and could be swiped up on from any location to open the app to the currently playing song whereas the default is easier to fat finger and will only open to the app if pressed in a very specific corner to name a couple. I realize there are much more pressing fixes but it would be a nice addition in the future unless this is a new system limitation.

In regards to sorting that seems to have been fixed aside from an option to ignore "the" which is really just a nice to have.

Since starting this thread however, I've had several other issues pop up including having to re-set library folders upon opening the app, hanging/loading and trying to scan for new files upon pretty much every instance of pulling the app up where the home screen is completely blank aside from the MM logo, as well as the general hangs at end of songs/button delays/stoping plays until MM is closed and reopened.

Maybe at this point I should just look into downgrading to pre 2.0 until things have been ironed out. In either case appreciate the time and effort spent on improvements/fixes.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please send logs from MMA after experiencing issues and reply here with the logID.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the clarification. We'd removed the custom notification because in general we found that the OS-based notifications from Android 12+ are superior, and it's generally not a good use of our resources to spend time on functionality that's included in the OS. That said, we didn't realize the deficiencies of the implementation on Galaxy devices...but still I suspect that by the time we fix it, they'll have a new and improved version as well so it's doubtful we'll get to this.

Re. sorting: Are you referring to the fact that in the Albums view, 'The' in Album Titles isn't ignored?
I've added that at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20002

Re. stability issues: please update to 2.0.0.1079 -- it's currently in a staged rollout so if you don't get it right away, you can subscribe to the beta channel (Options > About > Register for test builds).

Thanks!

-Rusty
tat45

Post by tat45 »

Yes, well specifically in Tracks/Songs but I suppose it would effect albums too.