Sliding Horizontal Scroll Bar [3546] & Now Playing Colum

Beta Testing for Windows Products and plugins

Moderator: Gurus

GargantulaKon

Sliding Horizontal Scroll Bar [3546] & Now Playing Colum

Post by GargantulaKon »

Hello all! Let me introduce myself. I am new to MediaMonkey. I have been using Windows Media Player since I have started using a computer. It had probably been more than 15 years. I have WMP 11, the latest version. I have been able to put up with it for a long time. Now, I am trying to get serious about organizing my ID3 tags for another program that reads ID3 tags. I noticed that the way that WMP added tags for ratings is not standardized. I think that it adds, "Rating WMP" to the metadata of the files. I also noticed that whenever I updated the "tag" information in WMP it did not update the official ID3 tag. I noticed it when I was updating my tags with Mp3tag 2.39.

List of reasons I switched from WMP 11:
  1. Does not update the ID3 tags instantly. I just tested MediaMonkey and checked it alongside Mp3tag and MediaMonkey updates the tag immediately! Yes!!!
  2. It is hard to add specific and find album art
  3. The official ratings tag is not added.
  4. It has a Play bug (when I right-click on the file and click on "Play") so that when I edit the fields in the Now Playing list, it is not updated but instead goes back to the old tag info. I have to edit it again in order to update it. One work-around I found is to make sure to add the tracks by selecting "Add to Now Playing". Big bug that I cannot believe got past beta and Microsoft does not update WMP!
  5. When I change the genre tag, it sometimes switches back to "Other" by itself after it is done playing.
  6. The columns are different in every single view and one has to change them in every single different view.
  7. Microsoft does not fix Windows Media Player 11
I am liking MediaMonkey so far in terms of how much I can do.

Bugs:

I noticed a small columns issue. Whenever I change to another folder in the tree view, the horizontal scroll bar moves almost all the way to the right (About 30px from the end).

Update: I noticed after I restarted MediaMonkey, that the way it behaved changed. I tried to play around with the position of the horizontal scroll bar. At first, the horizontal scroll bar is all the way to the left and it is fine when moving from folder to folder, but after I move it all the way to the right the position changes. I switched to another folder and it moved about 30px from the left side. The scroll bar was mostly on the left and was not on the very right as before.

In addition, I would like the "Default View Options" to affect the Now Playing columns as well. Any way to do so now?

Thanks!

My Current Configuration

Desktop PC Brand: Alienware AREA-51 X58 WARTIME EDITION
Monitors: ASUS
Power Supply: 750 WATT OEM ATX PSU
CPU: INTEL BLM 2.66GHZ i7-920 A51 X58
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 295
RAM: ELPIDA 6GB DDR3 1333MHZ JEDEC STANDARD PC3-1066
Sound Card: CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI TITANIUM PCIE
Keyboard: Logitech G15
Mouse: Logitech G5 Battlefield 2142 Edition
Speakers: Logitech Z-5500
Optical Drive: LG 20X DUAL-LAYER DVD NON-LIGHT SCRIBE
Hard Drives: 3 Internal Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3250823AS 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 and 1 1.5 TB Seagate hard drive
Printer: Canon iP4300
Headphones: Pioneer HDJ-1000
Audio Hardware: Behringer BCD2000; Behringer BCF2000; Behringer XM8500 Microphone; Yamaha PSR-290

My Old Configuration

Desktop PC Brand: None, custom built
Monitors: Two CRT monitors, at a resolution of 1024x768
Power Supply: PC Power and Cooling 510W
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.4 GHz Hyper-Threading (AKA Hyperthreading) 650 Prescott 800 MHz FSB LGA 775 EM64T
Video Card: BFG Tech NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX OC 512 MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16
RAM: 4 GB RAM Corsair XMS2 SDRAM DDR2 533 (PC2 4300)
Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2
Keyboard: Logitech G15
Mouse: Logitech G5 Battlefield 2142 Edition
Speakers: Logitech 5.1 Speakers Z-640
Optical Drive: LITE-ON Black 16x IDE DVD Burner SOHW-1693S
Hard Drives: 3 Internal Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3250823AS 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 and 1 1.5 TB Seagate hard drive
Printer: Canon iP4300
Headphones: Pioneer HDJ-1000
Audio Hardware: Behringer BCD2000; Behringer BCF2000; Behringer XM8500 Microphone; Yamaha PSR-290
Last edited by GargantulaKon on Sat May 29, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 10 times in total.
MediaMonkey Gold (Lifetime)
- If my configuration's specifications are helpful, please go here.
rusty

View issues

Post by rusty »

Gargantulakon,
I noticed a small columns issue. Whenever I change to another folder in the tree view, the horizontal scroll bar moves almost all the way to the right (About 30px from the end).

Update: I noticed after I restarted MediaMonkey, that the way it behaved changed. I tried to play around with the position of the horizontal scroll bar. At first, the horizontal scroll bar is all the way to the left and it is fine when moving from folder to folder, but after I move it all the way to the right the position changes. I switched to another folder and it moved about 30px from the left side. The scroll bar was mostly on the left and was not on the very right as before.
Tested in B3 and can't quite understand what you mean. Whenever I select a tree node, nothing changes re. the horizontal scroll bar :?
In addition, I would like the "Default View Options" to affect the Now Playing columns as well. Any way to do so now?
Not sure about this. I've always thought that in the Now Playing view it might be preferable to have the ability to customize it in a different manner. On the other hand, you might be right--needless configuration is a pain... Comments?

-Rusty
GargantulaKon

Re: View issues

Post by GargantulaKon »

rusty wrote:Tested in B3 and can't quite understand what you mean. Whenever I select a tree node, nothing changes re. the horizontal scroll bar :?
Then a video is in order. :D

I got the bug to occur where the scroll bar would reset almost all the way to left, but off by a little bit. As I was playing around to try to get it to bug to occur, I noticed that if I click on at least one file, the grid view remembers the position of the scroll bar. This is shown in the video.

A small issue, but since the program is made for anal retentive people (like the ad I clicked on), I thought it was serious enough. While organizing the tags, the bug can get annoying.

The yellow circle highlights my cursor, the red circle shows when I left-click and the blue circle shows when I right-click.

The graphic corruption in the beginning in the video as I dragged the CamStudio (program I use to record) window from my right screen to the left screen.

Link to the YouTube video
rusty

Horizontal scrollbar problem

Post by rusty »

Thx--now I understand.

Will look into this.

-Rusty
GargantulaKon

Post by GargantulaKon »

Thank you for watching the video and for looking into the issue I experienced.
GargantulaKon

Post by GargantulaKon »

Still happens in Beta 4. I tried to see if the Now Playing columns match the other nodes, but MediaMonkey crashed 5 times! I sent the error report five times as well.