Auto Fillin for Song Album, and Artist

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Magic 8 Ball

Auto Fillin for Song Album, and Artist

Post by Magic 8 Ball » Sun May 15, 2005 3:01 pm

Just a thing I miss from iTunes. When you go to a song in MM, and the Album name or Artist. Its hard to find out the correct spelling without looking around to find out how to spell it. And on iTunes, it kinda helps you out. Its hard to explain, so here are some pictures.

In iTunes, I right click the song, and click Get Info, and this is what comes up.

Then, I type in the letters "Th" as the beggining of the artist name "The Beach Boys." And after I type in "Th" it Auto Fills in the rest of the Artist name, so now all I have to do is hit enter, and im done with the Artist name.

Then I move on to the Album name. I type in the letters "Mad" as the beggining of the album name "Made In U.S.A." And After I type in "Mad" it Auto Fills in the rest of the Album name, so now all i have to do is hit enter, and im with the artist name.

And now that Im done, I click ok, and its re-united with its family again.

So is there a way is there a way to do this with MediaMonkey, and if there is, please put it on the Wishlist.

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Sun May 15, 2005 3:33 pm

That feature is commonly called auto-complete. I agree it would be a very nice addition to MediaMonkey.

jeskly

Post by jeskly » Mon May 16, 2005 4:59 pm

I agree, that would be a very usefull feature to add to MM. And you right, it is kinda hard to remember how to spell some band names and songs.

DukeMan

Post by DukeMan » Mon May 16, 2005 9:57 pm

Pablo wrote:That feature is commonly called auto-complete. I agree it would be a very nice addition to MediaMonkey.
I second, and triple that. Love it. Love it. Love it.

Post by Guest » Tue May 17, 2005 8:33 pm

Bring it on! Bring it on! I like the way that for some fields there is a drop down list to choose from (genre, etc) but as stated, the hardest part is band names, some which are reeeeaaaally long and tiresome if it is needed to input them again.

One point however - in the artist node you can just drag the file you want to change to the artist name you want and it changes automatically! Problem solved! This also works between genres, years and album titles, etc.

abrazor

Post by abrazor » Tue May 17, 2005 8:35 pm

Oops! :oops: forgot to sign in. :oops: (my comment above). :wink:

jiri

Post by jiri » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:07 am

This will be implemented in the next release.

Jiri

judas

Post by judas » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:59 am

Cheers to that! :P :P :P :lol: