what is MM doing to my CPU?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

what is MM doing to my CPU?

Postby Nobody » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:16 pm

I've had MM 2.4 for a couple of days and I love it, I've been re-organizing my entire music collection and setting all up to trash itunes and use my ipod with MM. However, there's one thing that bothers me plenty. Even when I'm not listening to music, MM is doing something to my CPU which needs constant ventilation (I'm on a laptop). When I check the task manager it says MM is using around 95% of my CPU power. When I close the program the computer calms down. What could this be? If it serves as a hint, there is a message on MM which says "Now Playing: reading tracks..." at the bottom of the screen all the time. Heeeelp!!!!!!! I don't want to go back to iTunes!!!!
Nobody

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:47 pm

OK so I've searched through old topics and it seems my problem comes from an extremeley large "now playing" list at startup. How do I fix the problem? I've loaded a smaller list, closed down MM, but first, he CPU problem continues because MM keeps running in the background, so finish the process through task manager and when I restart MM the old "Now playing" list is there again and the problem continues...

Postby Nobody » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:14 pm

OK I'll answer my own post in case anyone runs into the same problem... Just reloaded MM and changed the Now Playing list as quickly as possible, before it begins compiling those tracks. That solved the problem. Thanks for your help! (seriously, to those who addressed this issue in previous threads)
Nobody

Postby Peke » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:10 pm

Here is one simple script that will Clear 'Now Playing' Before Every start of MM.
'ClearNowPlaying.vbs'

Code: Select all
sub OnStartup
  SDB.Player.PlaylistClear
End Sub

Save this script in 'Scripts\Auto' folder Of MM and on every MM restart NowPlaying will be Empty.

BTW same Topic as http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... highlight=
Best regards,
Pavle
MM Core Developer and Admin of free MediaMonkey extensions Hosting
Peke

Postby Nobody » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:13 pm

Excellent! thanks a lot, don't know why I didn't find this thread when I was looking for an answer, my bad. This forum is one of he greatest things about MM!
Nobody

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:18 am

Can any script guru (Peke?) please indicate how this script must be extended in order to clear the Now Playing playlist only if more than <number> tracks are included in the Now Playing playlist.

With such an extension a small Now Playing playlist could be maintained and only a huge Now Playing playlist which takes a lot of time to be read would be cleared.

Thanks a lot in advance

Dieter

Postby trixmoto » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:49 am

Code: Select all
sub OnStartup
  If ( SDB.Player.PlaylistCount > 100 ) Then
    SDB.Player.PlaylistClear
  End If
End Sub

Save this script in 'Scripts\Auto' folder Of MM and on every MM restart NowPlaying will be emptied if there are more than 100 songs in it (obviously you can set the number to whatever you want!)
Download my scripts at trixmoto.net.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Send me BTC: 34VQPVsf9mCeR4nfhFvvBYZqQ7LkqNZ8Mn
Send me LTC: 3P1mzrfbyscdhbxRpXLgKz7tufGAU3SrEG
Send me DOGE: 9xPpYSqgF7P5yQiqvE1VqWb4UjxVCCLFJ6
Check out these great cryptocurrency faucets... BTC / LTC / DOGE
trixmoto

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:31 pm

Thanks a lot, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Dieter

Postby trixmoto » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:43 pm

My pleasure! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Postby trixmoto » Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:34 am

trixmoto

Return to Need Help? (mmw)