Find Missing The 3.2 [MM2+3]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

trixmoto

Find Missing The 3.2 [MM2+3]

Post by trixmoto »

This script searches your visible library for artists beginning with "The". It then searches for artists with the same name minus the "The" and corrects the artists to match. A confirmation box is shown before any changes are made. The list of "The" words can be changed for international artists but the fewer in the list the faster this script will process so please remove any you do not need. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

:o :o :o NEW CODE BELOW!!!! :o :o :o
Last edited by trixmoto on Tue May 08, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Damn, too late for me. I did it all manually :cry:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry! I'll try to be quicker next time! :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Very interesting, I'll test it right away.

It would be nice if there was such a function to find artists and other things that should be the same but are wrong (different) in some way. e.g. "t r a n c e [] c o n t r o l" vs. "TranceControl", but I guess this would be a little to much artificial intelligence for today's script programmers and computers. :roll:

Thanks,
Steegy
judas

Post by judas »

Looks like i was in need of this script since a long time ago but did not know...i'll try it and post results. cheers.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I will work on making cleverer versions but the trouble is that some bands have similar names sometimes and I wouldn't want to write a script that changed too much! If you come across any specific discrepancies you would like my script to fix then I will certainly try to include that for you. Just let me know.
judas

Post by judas »

I THINK I CANT GET IT TO WORK...i have added the words i would like to change (btw...the script shouldnt be case sensitive...not a big deal though) and then it tells me in a prompt which will be changed...then...where you select ok or cancel i only get a white dialog box.

any ideas?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

The script shouldn't be case sensitive. If it is, I apologise, and I'll release a new version soon!! :)

I don't know why you're getting a white box. It can take a while to process but it should do that before loading the box. How about a screenshot?
judas

Post by judas »

Sure...here they go:

I have a question first though...does it looks in artist or album artist??? i guess its album cause most of my album artist info is wrecked....

So, first i get this message:

then i click OK and get this:

so...no idea whats going on!!!

thanx for helping
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

It gives you a blank window because my code was a bit buggy! Good thing I put that confirmation screen in! :)

Anyway. Version 2.0 has now been released and the code at the top of this thread [EDIT: has been removed to avoid confusion - look further down!].

The new version has the bugs fixed and should ignore case. :)
Last edited by trixmoto on Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
judas

Post by judas »

beautfiul...will try and post comments in a while. Just Imagine Government institutions were this efficient!!!!
judas

Post by judas »

No luck....getting an error msg as soon as i select the script:

:-(
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Glad to see you're using my skin! :) Will have a look at the script now.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

When I copied the code from notepad into the message above I forget to switch word wrap off - this is what caused the problems. I am now reposting the script, hopefully with word wrap switched off!

:o :D :o NEW CODE BELOW :o :D :o
Last edited by trixmoto on Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Wow, great job trix.....
Never knew ho much i needed this script until i ran it
Thanks