flac playback problem, please update in_flac

This forum is for reporting bugs in MediaMonkey for Windows 4. Note that version 4 is no longer actively maintained as it has been replaced by version 5.

Moderator: Gurus

gsking1

flac playback problem, please update in_flac

Post by gsking1 »

i have just created some new .flac files using the most recent flac software (flac 1.1.2 and flac frontend 1.7.1). These produce static when playing with mediamonkey's in_flac decoder (v1.0). To fix, I easily copied the new flac plugin from winamp's directory to mediamonkey and they played fine. I would think you would want to update in_flac.

The new files were from 24bit 48khz wavs. Using Mediamonkey 2.5 RC2

Thanks for a great program.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Can you clear that All Info in MM (Track Proporties) is shown OK?
I it will show OK, but if not post one small example (~1Mb) to MM support so that I can make fix ASAP.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
gsking1

Post by gsking1 »

Tags appear okay.

After some playing around I've concluded that the wav files are slightly messed up, so please ignore my original report I think there is something wrong with the wav files and/or my system playing 24-bit 48khz files since Cubase and Audacity are both having problems editing the original wav files (although both play).

I also reiterate that as a workaround i can easily use the in_flac plugin from the flac frontend package with mediamonkey.

If you're interested in playing around with this one, let me know and I'll send you a full flac file (smallest is 4Meg) since i apparently can't edit these, except to produce 16 bit files which work fine.
[/img]
Peke

Post by Peke »

OK please send that 4Mb File To MM Support so that it is noted and put on To-Do list for next IN_FLAC Update (Like Jiri said which will mostly occure when some major update to codec is done by codec developer or when it compromise MM stability).

Thankyou, for futher investigation of the problem and support to MM.

Happy new year and enjoy new MM.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts