From MediaMonkey Wiki
- Compatible via the d_USBmass1.dll plugin, as of MediaMonkey version 188.8.131.528.
- Any drive letter on your computer is compatible with this plugin. If you wish to then configure a drive to use the Generic USB Mass Storage Device plug-in, click on that plugin and then 'Configure', and on the Device Configuration Tab, click 'Drive Letter' and select the applicable letter. In the future, the drive will be recognized by this plug-in.
- Some devices may be erroneously detected by the WMDM plugin. In many cases, this is fine as the device will sync without problems. If you wish to then configure the device to use the Generic USB Mass Storage Device plug-in, click on that plugin and then 'Configure', and on the Device Configuration Tab, click 'Find Device'. In the future, the device will be recognized by this plug-in.
- All firmware versions should be supported.
Specific Device Settings
- Set up a device sync profile as described here. Alternatively you can sync a selected group of tracks only, but this may cause playlist as well as duplicate track issues.
- In the device options, under the "Auto-sync Options" tab, ensure that *.mp4 is in the "Exclude folders" field to ensure that your videos are not removed from the device by MediaMonkey (if your device supports videos).
- In the "Device configuration tab, check "Use only the first Genre when multiple Genres exist" and "Use only the first value when multiple Artists / Composers exist" for maximum device compatibility.
You must synch to \Audio\... directory
- Go to Tools | Options | Portable/Audio devices
- Click on the plugin that applies to your device
- Click 'Configure'
- Go to the 'Device configuration' tab.
- Change "Sync tracks to:" to \Audio\<Artist> - <Title>
- Hit ok.
- Connect the phone to the PC in "Mass storage mode".
- If you connect it in "Phone mode" or "Media transfer mode", you can only synchronize to the built-in phone memory, which is only about 200 MB. But if you connect the phone in "Mass storage mode", you can synchronize to the removable memory card, which can be much larger. And the phone has no problem finding the music and playlists, that you place on the removable memory card.
- When you plug the phone into the PC (USB port), the phone will ask you which mode you want to connect with.
- On the Archos, enable the USB in "PC Hard Drive" mode.
- On the PC, remove any drive entries where the Archos has been detected as a WMD.
- Sync to "\Music\..." and copy playlists to "\Playlists" (I think you need to use Prefix rather than Sub-folder if organizing by type.)