MM Crashes Everytime I try To Open

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Equiether
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:30 pm

MM Crashes Everytime I try To Open

Post by Equiether »

Well I was listening to music normally and then my computer crashes and I restart and I click MM and windows tells me it has stopped working and to close the program. Here's the problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MediaMonkey.exe
Application Version: 3.0.6.1190
Application Timestamp: 2a425e19
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18215
Fault Module Timestamp: 49953395
Exception Code: 0eedfade
Exception Offset: 000442eb
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0b6d
Additional Information 2: 9b68eaea10de4671a6b01001c7105de1
Additional Information 3: f8d9
Additional Information 4: 6ba54de51c27f935f93ae17b612542ef

Anyone know a solution to this problem, or am I just going to have to reinstall?
nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: MM Crashes Everytime I try To Open

Post by nohitter151 »

The only way to see what is really happening is to get a debug log as described here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Equiether
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:30 pm

Re: MM Crashes Everytime I try To Open

Post by Equiether »

Looks like installing the debug fixed the problem..very strange..
rovingcowboy
Posts: 14163
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:57 am
Location: (Texas)
Contact:

Re: MM Crashes Everytime I try To Open

Post by rovingcowboy »

sounds like the hotkey in the registry to inducate that monkey was running was stuck and showed it as running and would not let it restart? thats why it wanted you to close the program. it was already known to be running.

the install of the debug just reset the hotkey. if it happens again try doing a registry cleaning and see if the bad hotkey is removed and lets you start monkey up again with out reinstalling it. i know i have had this trouble myself before but i'm not sure what fixed it as i run several maintance programs for cleaning out junk files to fixing the registry, to defraging the registry, to re setting the tweaks i have and i some times do a disk scan to check for errors on it, when crashes happen so any one of them might have fixed it.

but if it does happen again i'll try and remember to run one program at a time and see if it fixes it. then i will be able to let you or others konw. you try and do the same so incase it happens again to you first. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Post Reply