RC3 - observations [#17439][#17440][#17441]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

RC3 - observations [#17439][#17440][#17441]

Post by Barry4679 »

Looking good. Stable. Acceptable response times.
  1. Chose Columns / Sort

The Sort control at the top of this dbox truncates the sort criteria.
    I have the panel set to be sorted by 5 criteria, but the Columns/Sort dbox only sees the top two.
    This is not just cosmetic, because that dbox is used to alter sort criteria
  2. Sort option "match within words" not working for Artists section of Browser view

Here I have "match within words" selected.
    This does not work for the Artists panel in the Browser view
  3. Sort option "whole words only" not working in Artists or Album panels in Browser view

Works ok in the Tracks list, but not in the Artists and Albums panels
  4. Not possible to view full sized art from List By Album or List views

It should be available on the context menu at both of these places, especially from the album thumb in List By Album view.
  5. This should be radio buttons
    Barry4679 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:29 am
    • This toggle control should be radio buttons.
      This part of the UI is more complex than most parts. There are 5 View Elements. Three of the are options, and the other two are a toggle.
      It would be more clear if the toggle was implemented as radio buttons.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
drakinite

Re: RC3 - observations

Post by drakinite »

5) To my knowledge there isn't an implementation of radio buttons inside popup menus. But it may be possible to give them a separator, to indicate that they're a group.
Last edited by drakinite on Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

1. I just wanted to write that I cannot replicate, but you seem to be right that with default sort it does not show the default sort columns in "Choose columns / sort" dialog. Tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17441

2&3: Tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17439

4. Ability to enlarge image from "List by (album)" view: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17440

5. Yes, these two view elements we made mutually exclusive, but they are not mutually exclusive with the others view elements (like Column filter, Status bar) -- so radio buttons could be misleading there. Anyhow, seems a really minor issue IMO.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

drakinite wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:36 am 5) To my knowledge there isn't an implementation of radio buttons inside popup menus.
see here

Ludek is of the view that it is a minor issue. ... I agree, but it is a also minor issue to fix, I presume.
List & Grid are a toggle, so they should be radio buttons for ease of learning|understanding.
I found it unnecessarily complex to get my head around those View Elements. And, so far, I have to relearn it each time I use that menu.
Maybe you can convince him?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
drakinite

Re: RC3 - observations [#17439][#17440][#17441]

Post by drakinite »

Ah, my bad. But anyways, after looking at it, I don't think it should be changed. Radio buttons are not supposed to be un-checkable. Sometimes it's possible to click on a radio to deselect it on certain websites, but that's not standard. Radio buttons in MM aren't made to be un-checkable. In the interface, you are able to hide the list/grid element by un-checking it; so it should stay a checkbox.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

agreed .. a radio button should never have a "null" value. just in terms of design
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

drakinite wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:12 pm Radio buttons are not supposed to be un-checkable.
Good point. Thanks for looking at it.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,

2&3) should be fixed in 2300 bug 17439
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum