Magic Nodes 4.2 w/ 380 masks & real GUI (2011-07-01)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

declan

Re: Magic Nodes 2.4 w/ 170+ masks & real GUI (2009-02-20)[MM2+3]

Post by declan »

GUI being the box shown in the image above?

Ok you could add the option "Rank" to the statistics bit in the bottom right hand corner. So the syntax would read like "Statistic:Rank(Played#)"

Which wouldn't make any difference to the GUI other than an extra item on the list

OR

Add it to the sort section as "Sort by:Rank(played#)"
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

declan wrote:GUI being the box shown in the image above?
Yes, I am referring the GUI to the dialog box introduced in v2.0 with the new graphical user interface.

Your solution with the new Sort by/Statistic function is not so simple as you think. You have sorted nodes by Sum(Played) and you want to display ordinal number of those nodes instead of the resulting values from the entered function - you say it is Rank(Played). But how about another aggregate functions? What if someone choose Min(Played) or Max(Played) or ... and want to display ordinal number of those nodes instead of resulting values? You cannot have only one Rank function, but you need one Rank function for each existing aggregate function - RankSum, RankMin, RankMax... I am not sure if this is most elegant solution and I think it would be better if I add some new check box which should tell if I want to display ordinal numbers instead of resulting values. Something like existing Show Sort Key...
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
justin_f

Post by justin_f »

I'm trying to work through creating a new node that I'd like, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

What I'm trying to do is create a node, sorted by artist, where the artist has less than 5 tracks in my library, and the average rating for those is greater than 3.5 stars. I'm not entirely sure that 1) I can have a track count as a filter, and 2) that I can get an average rating for an artist, but I can always hope.

Just in case anyone else likes the idea, this is so that I can more easily identify newer bands but I only have a limited number of tracks for, and would like to get more.

Justin
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Code: Select all

Artists with less than 5 tracks and average rating greater than 3.5 stars|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, ArtistsSongs WHERE Songs.ID = ArtistsSongs.IDSong AND (ArtistsSongs.PersonType = 1 OR ArtistsSongs.PersonType IS NULL) AND ArtistsSongs.IDArtist IN (SELECT ArtistsSongs.IDArtist FROM  Songs, ArtistsSongs WHERE Songs.ID = ArtistsSongs.IDSong AND (ArtistsSongs.PersonType = 1 OR ArtistsSongs.PersonType IS NULL) GROUP BY ArtistsSongs.IDArtist HAVING Count(*) <= 5 AND Avg(Rating) > 70))\<Artist|Statistic:Count(All), Avg(Rating)>
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
justin_f

Post by justin_f »

Wow. You work fast ZvezdanD. Thanks a ton. I'll give that a go when I get home.

Justin
justin_f

Post by justin_f »

That worked, but now that I have it I realize I described it to you wrong. Sorry about that. :oops: I've tried making the change myself, but I keep getting a syntax error. What I want to do specifically is this:

Select songs where Rating > 70
From that list of songs, select artists whose track count is less than 5.

The major difference for me is that this way all the unrated tracks which muck up the average rating will be ignored since we're just looking at the amount of tracks with ratings over 70 instead of an average. As always, you're help and script are greatly appreciated.

Justin
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Artists with less than 5 tracks and average rating greater than 3.5 stars (only rated tracks)|Filter:Songs.ID IN (SELECT Songs.ID FROM Songs, ArtistsSongs WHERE Songs.ID = ArtistsSongs.IDSong AND (ArtistsSongs.PersonType = 1 OR ArtistsSongs.PersonType IS NULL) AND Rating >= 0 AND ArtistsSongs.IDArtist IN (SELECT ArtistsSongs.IDArtist FROM Songs, ArtistsSongs WHERE Songs.ID = ArtistsSongs.IDSong AND (ArtistsSongs.PersonType = 1 OR ArtistsSongs.PersonType IS NULL) AND Rating >= 0 GROUP BY ArtistsSongs.IDArtist HAVING Count(*) <= 5 AND Avg(Rating) > 70))\<Artist|Statistic:Count(All), Avg(Rating)>

Artist with less than 5 tracks which have rating greater than 3.5 stars|Filter:<Rating> > 70\<Artist|Statistic:Count(All), Avg(Rating)|Max tracks:5>
jonisaksson

Post by jonisaksson »

I am not sure if this is a bug or not but just in case i will post it here

Basically I have node for all my albums as below
Album Artist [A-Z]|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library|Position:Before|Filter:<Genre> NOT IN ('Audio books', 'Ljudbok')\<Album Artist|Trim:1|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Album Artist|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Album|Sort by:Max(Year)|Statistic:Count(All)>

What I noticed the other day was that one of my albums was missing from this node, I could see that it was added to the library but just not appearing in the node. I re-entered the Artist etc to try to get it appear but nothing seemed to work. Then I realised it didnt have Genre. After adding a Genre, it appaered.
So I have now gone through and made sure all songs had a Genre.

As I filter on Genre I guess it isnt too surprising they didnt appear but as I dont exclude blanks I would have thought they should appear, thoughts?
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

jonisaksson wrote:As I filter on Genre I guess it isnt too surprising they didnt appear but as I dont exclude blanks I would have thought they should appear, thoughts?
The problem is because <Genre> is (could be) just one item from multi-item value, so it cannot be empty inside of the Filter expression. Maybe you could try with:

Album Artist [A-Z]|Icon:Top level|Child of:Library|Position:Before|Filter:<Genre> NOT IN ('Audio books', 'Ljudbok') OR Songs.Genre = ''\<Album Artist|Trim:1|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Album Artist|Statistic:Count(All)>\<Album|Sort by:Max(Year)|Statistic:Count(All)>
EDIT: This mask doesn't work as it should. Here is the correct one: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 92#p198192
Last edited by ZvezdanD on Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Risser

Post by Risser »

I am having a problem with Magic Nodes.
My mask:<Group|Name:Artists...|Show tracks:No>\Composers who write for multiple artists|Filter:<Original artist> = ''\<Composer|Sort by:Count(Artist)|Min tracks:5|Sort order:Desc>\<Artist|Sort by:Count(All) Desc>

If I take the filter out, it works great, showing me a nice list of composers with a count of the number of artists who do their songs. What I want is to only count artists that aren't covering those songs. So, for example, if I look at Paul McCartney, I'd get Beatles, Paul McCartney, Wings, Say Say Say by Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney and a few by Peter & Gordon. But it wouldn't show the 50 bazillion Beatles covers I have.

The problem is, when I enact this filter, I get an "ambiguous column" SQL error. It's not the '', because I tried using 'Beatles' and it still failed.

I am using
' Version: 2.4
' Date: 2009-02-20
and MM 3.0.7.

Thanks!
Peter

PS: It's an awesome script & has replaced a bunch of my existing scripts. Thanks!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

You found a bug, thanks for the report. I will try to resolve that, but in meantime you could remove |Sort by:Count(Artist) from your mask or replace it with |Sort by:Count(All) or |Statistic:Count(Items) and it would work without an error.
Risser

Post by Risser »

I don't have specifics unfortunately, but I also had trouble with stats that counted artists or album artists. If I run across a specific example, I'll post it. But if/when you fix this one, it may fix the others as well.

Thanks,
Peter
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Risser wrote:I also had trouble with stats that counted artists or album artists.
Yes, you are right. Sort by and Statistic qualifiers use same parts of the code for Count(Artist) or any other field used with the Count aggregate function, which is introduced in 1.8 version and could run only in MM3. However, I suggested you to use not Statistic:Count(Artist), but Statistic:Count(Items) which use older code that could run even with MM2. Unfortunately, there is no Sort by:Count(Items) and beside of that Count(Items) is slower than Count(some_field) and could display only values for the field on the next sub-level, instead of the Count(some_field) which could be used with any field.
DunKhan

Post by DunKhan »

Sorry to bother you all again - I've asked this question before but I've had some computer problems so the post is so old I think it's worth just making a new post rather than referring back to the ancient one.

Anyway, I was wondering if it were possible to put a magic node as the child of another magic node.

For instance - I've just set up MagicNodes after reinstalling MM (something was making it crash nine times out of ten when I loaded it so I started fresh). I decided to make a node for metal music because it has lots of subgenres and I can illustrate what I want to achieve quite easily - this is what I have with the single node:

A bit of a mess because of all the very specific subgenres that are just arranged alphabetically. (it's a child of the library btw)

Now if I make a node for death metal (just because it's an easy node to make more than anything else tbh) I have this:

What I want to know is if it's possible to put that second magic node as a child of the first magic node. Generally speaking the genre tags of the files will just contain one genre tag (eg "Progressive Death Metal") rather than having "Rock; Metal; Death Metal; Progressive Death Metal".
MMan

Post by MMan »

First, a huge thanks to Zvezdan for all the work on MN and RegExp, great scripts! Even a scripting novice like me can use them.

I checked the last 10-15 pages of this thread and I didn't see any mention of this issue. My question is, I just re-installed MN after a monkey re-install and it only has 83 presets vs. the 170 mentioned. I downloaded the file from the link at the start of this thread and double clicked and install went fine. The 83 have some great stuff so I don't want to miss out on what might be in the other 90. Are they out there and if so, how do I get them added? I am runiing Vista 32-bit and Monkey 3.0.7.1911.

Thanks in advance for any help.