Crashes/Hangs on Galaxy S3 with build 128

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

thebertster

Crashes/Hangs on Galaxy S3 with build 128

Post by thebertster »

Just upgraded to 128 build and having all kinds of problems on my Galaxy S3. Fixes the issue with album art appearing in the gallery (thank you!) but now WiFi Sync crashes immediately and then hangs the app - have to force stop it. Same thing happens when I go into Sync settings for the Internal or External Storage and when I go into "Choose Library Folders" -> Internal Storage (/storage/sdcard0) and scroll about half way down the folder list - debug log sends, then whole app hangs.

I have cleared all data, uninstalled and deleted all MediaMonkey folders I can find on the device, formatted my external SD card (where I store my music), then reinstalled but problems are exactly the same.

This is a Samsung Galaxy S3 build JZOS4K.I90300XXELLA with a 32GB SD card. WiFi sync worked in earlier releases (not sure which release I last did a sync with, probably a few builds ago) and I have never had this crash/hang behaviour when going into Library Folders.

Debug Logs have been sent (MANY times!)

I am using MMW 4.1.0.1638. I can browse my library via UPNP from MMA with no problems at all.
drjohn

Re: Crashes/Hangs on Galaxy S3 with build 128

Post by drjohn »

Same here on my S3.
Peke

Post by Peke »

With Next MMA version there will be much detailed Log sent, which will more likely point us to issue.

The worst thing that we bought S3 phones for us just to try replicate without success :( All worked with MMA
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Peke wrote:With Next MMA version there will be much detailed Log sent, which will more likely point us to issue.

The worst thing that we bought S3 phones for us just to try replicate without success :( All worked with MMA
Peke .. that just means you now have great phones :)
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
thebertster

Post by thebertster »

These issues are fixed for me in build 130.
drjohn

Post by drjohn »

It does not crash, but it won't sync (says it cannot connect).