hi,
Actually i use media monkey and i have thousand of songs in my library, but i have a problem with music genre:
for exemple i download the song" MOVE-thousand foot krutch" from two different websites(so i have two tracks for the same song) and when i put them into mediamonkey library i see that one of them is tagged into blues and the other one is tagged into christian rock ....Even if they are the same tracks...so WHY?
genre TAG problem
Moderator: Gurus
Re: genre TAG problem
Perhaps the 2 different sources have tagged a different Genre to the file.
Download MediaMonkey ♪ License ♪ Knowledge Base ♪ MediaMonkey for Windows 2024 Help ♪ MediaMonkey for Android Help
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Re: genre TAG problem
Exactly,ca someone give me a credible site to download my tracks i need that genre must be as exact as possible
-
nohitter151
- Posts: 23640
- Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
- Location: NJ, USA
- Contact:
Re: genre TAG problem
You can just change it yourself.xelanx wrote:Exactly,ca someone give me a credible site to download my tracks i need that genre must be as exact as possible
But I really don't understand quite a few things in regards to your post. Why do you need 2 copies of a track at all? Most people don't want any duplicates. And even if there is a reason, why not just download the file once and then copy it yourself on your own PC?
Your post doesn't really make any sense.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?
Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?
Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Re: genre TAG problem
I am actually working on a Project, and I need to download thousand and thousand of tracks and sort them by gender as soon as possible (less than one month) , so i need that the genre must be correct ...i have tried to use tag from the web but it's not working
(amazon and musicBrainz also)
Re: genre TAG problem
I must confess I don't understand at all the concept "genre must be correct". Genre is not a fact, but an opinion. Something you might want to tag as blues, I might want to tag as jazz. Just check any Miles Davis album on freedb to see how often exactly the same album gets tagged with different genre. And if I am being particularly categorical I might want to tag some Art Blakely as Hard Bop rather than jazz and I have almost all my Weather Report albums tagged as Fusion, but I know lots (well some) people who prefer to tag it jazz and others as pop. I think you're chasing a phantom.
-
nohitter151
- Posts: 23640
- Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
- Location: NJ, USA
- Contact:
Re: genre TAG problem
Amazon and MusicBrainz don't tag genre. Like the post above, genre is not really something that is 'right' or 'wrong'. Sort of like a track rating in that regard.xelanx wrote:I am actually working on a Project, and I need to download thousand and thousand of tracks and sort them by gender as soon as possible (less than one month) , so i need that the genre must be correct ...i have tried to use tag from the web but it's not working(amazon and musicBrainz also)
That being said, check out the "Genre finder" addon by Trixmoto, you can tag tracks with genre in bulk by looking at tags on last.fm and use a whitelist or blacklist.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?
Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?
Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.