'problem while copying file'

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

vanillaice

'problem while copying file'

Post by vanillaice »

I'm beginning to use Media Monkey, so I'm guessing how to copy my music from my PC to my iPhone. I'm using Tools>Sync Device and selecting all the files I want from my PC. A dialog/error box opens up at the end of the sync progression that reads, 'problem while copying file' and lists the files that had an issue.
It would be helpful to know the correct way to put files onto my phone from my laptop using MM. The main question I have though is what is causing the files to be problematic? I'm guessing it's the details that MM reads not matching those embedded in each song that was rejected.
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. :)
Lowlander
Posts: 59795
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm

Re: 'problem while copying file'

Post by Lowlander »

Does the file that fail play in MediaMonkey?
vanillaice

Re: 'problem while copying file'

Post by vanillaice »

Yes it plays. I just located the help index which described editing track properties (I guessed that might be the issue), but they're all read-only. So I'm still stumped.
Lowlander
Posts: 59795
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm

Re: 'problem while copying file'

Post by Lowlander »

I'd suggest capturing the sync in a debug log (step 4b) and send the log to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69
vanillaice
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:59 pm

Re: 'problem while copying file'

Post by vanillaice »

I'm trying it.
vanillaice
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:59 pm

Re: 'problem while copying file'

Post by vanillaice »

That worked. Thanks a bunch (of bananas)!
Post Reply