My guess is that the OP was meaning option "c) history kind of log"
ie. like a bank statement ... ?my bank balance has dropped by $145? ... I don't remember withdrawing $145? I only withdraw in hundred dollar units??... checks bank balance ... sees deposit of $55 and a withdrawal of $200 ... happy now
This is not my request, but I have requested a persistent log from sync activities, especially when the scan syncs metadata changes back to the MM db.
The current MM5 "log" is not helpful:
- the "log" exists for sync to|from my Google Library, but does not exist for sync to|from my phone?
- where it does exist, it is not persistent ... if you don't remember press the View Log button on the scan completion dbox, the log is destroyed ... if you don't manually save it, it is destroyed
- iirc it shows whether a track was updated, but does not show details of the update
- it includes actions upon tracks, but not on playlists
- it is necessary IMO .. ie. dependant upon settings, a scan can alter your MM db and|or your scanned location ... tracks deletions, track insertions, and tag changes ... and in the case of tag changes it is difficult to predict ... ie. the documentation doesn't show which exactly tags may be updated
The OP seems to be asking for something additional ... ie. a log to include updates and retagging manually performed using the MM UI.
Something like an additional tab in the track inspector ... shows the update log for the track ... ie;
- dd/mm/yy: scanned from cd
- dd/mm/yy: Manual update using MM: track title changed from aaa to bbbb
- dd/mm/yy: Auto-tag Update: track title changed from bbbb to ccc
- dd/mm/yy: sync from phone: caused genre to be changed from xxx to yyy
And a persistent audit trail showing date|cause of all track deletions.
I am kind of sorry that I made my initial post here now. I only did so because I think that the OP was asking for enhancement to the MM audit trial, and the advice coming from MM was to try MM5 ... and AFAICS, this is only going to lead to confusion and frustration, because there is no audit trail enhancement in MM5.