I Need Help Syncing Playlists with my Sony NW-A45 Player

Get answers about syncing the current release of MediaMonkey with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Bespin1138

I Need Help Syncing Playlists with my Sony NW-A45 Player

Post by Bespin1138 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:51 am

I use Media Monkey version 4.1.24.1883 on a Windows 10 PC. My primary MP3 player is a Sony NW-A45. I would like to use Media Monkey as my primary player to transfer both my songs and playlists to the SD Card on my mp3 player. Right now, I do not appear to have any problems transferring the songs to the player, but I am having a lot of trouble getting playlists to transfer. I have been at this for hours. I have looked on the forum for similar discussions about using Media Monkey with the Sony MP3 player, but the instructions described for transferring playlists do not appear to be working for me. I figure there must be something that I am doing incorrectly. Could some please help me by providing step by step instructions on how I can transfer the playlists to the SD card in my MP3 player and be able to play the songs in the playlists on my mp3 player? Also, I would appreciate step by step instructions on how to properly install the Sony NW-A45 SD Card addon file to Media Monkey and any other necessary addon file to get the playlist transfer to work.

Thanks.

Peke

Re: I Need Help Syncing Playlists with my Sony NW-A45 Player

Post by Peke » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:16 am

Hi,
Open sony sync profile and import device profile from https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... 40-series/ it should set supported formats and playlists correctly. If not please let us know.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

Bespin1138

Post by Bespin1138 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:04 pm

Thanks for the reply. I believe your suggestion worked. The only other question that I have at this time is how can I copy my music files from my computer to the mp3 player without the transfer process converting all of my songs into MP3. The MP3 player supports playing music in FLAC and most of my music collection is in FLAC. How can I transfer the songs in their FLAC and other supported default audio formats without the syncing process automatically converting them to MP3?

Peke

Post by Peke » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:21 pm

Check in Sony profile if all supported formats are selected and that conversion rules for them are disabled.
Best regards,
Pavle

Bespin1138

Post by Bespin1138 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:21 pm

Peke wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:21 pm
Check in Sony profile if all supported formats are selected and that conversion rules for them are disabled.
Please tell me if I understand correctly or not the information that you mentioned:

I have looked at the "Options" section for the MP3 player. In "Auto conversion" located under the "Settings:" subsection, would I uncheck all of the checkboxes under the "Convert the following formats when synchronizing:"? Is this what you mean by disabling the conversion rules?

In "Set formats" under the "Supported formats on device" subsection, after selecting "<Add supported format...>" under "Compatible media formats" and displaying the "Supported format configuration" would I select all checkboxes in the "File formats:" box below "Audio" in the "Content:" box or only the formats supported by my MP3 player? Also, would I need to select all of the checkboxes for "Audio formats:", "Sample rates:", and "Channels:" under the "Audio" section, only the formats that my MP3 player supports, or none of them and leave those sections alone? Lastly, would I need to adjust the Minimum and Maximum Bitrates which are also located under the "Audio" section or leave those settings alone? Is this what you mean by checking if all supported formats are selected?

If either my understanding of the changes are correct or if you provide a list of the correct changes, would I apply these changes to both the MP3 player and SD card profile settings?

Thanks for the additional assistance.

Peke

Post by Peke » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:15 pm

Hi,
Sorry I missed your reply.

1. Let me answer, you just check file formats that your device support. If You do not check any channels It will assume that all are supported.

2. Yes I meant disable all in "Convert the following formats when synchronizing:". You need to experiment to maybe leave convert incompatible.

Please use latest MMW beta as we improved conversation a bit to be more accurate in incompatible formats.

NOTE: we do not own the device and plugin we made was done with one user by trial and miss till we were satisfied with result and it was done on NW-A40 that maybe do not support all formats of A45 so for you it needs tweaking. Another chance is that Sony updated firmware and now support more formats and bitrates.
Best regards,
Pavle

Bespin1138

Post by Bespin1138 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:36 pm

Thanks for the response. I will give it a try with the information that you provided. I will let you know if I have any further questions.

Thanks again.