- a dump
- froze multiple times ... get a little further each time I restarted MM and the sync
- falsely reported that I had insufficient space
- did housekeeping (deleted unwanted tracks) after (?!) it had tried to sync in my new tracks
- provided unclear useless warning option message re track deletions
- didn't tell me, before starting the sync, how much space would required for my sync attempt
I tried syncing 1,005 tracks to my mobile (Pixel 2XL) ... MM5 didn't tell me how much phone space would be required for my sync task
It ran for a while ... copied a few tracks to my phone ... and then crashed with 9547F68B ... MM5 frozen ... log dispatched to you OK
I ended MM5 with Windows Task manager
Reran sync ... it got further. but this time froze at track 303/1005 ... it didn't offer to send you a log.
Started it again ... this time it got to track 618/1005 before freezing
Started it again with debug running ... it got to just over track 900/1005 before white screening ... debug log emailed to Ludek
Start it again ... got this out of space dbox .... checked my phone, it reports that it still has 24gb free space?
nb. the dbox message is really bad "Would you like to clear enough space by deleting existing files"? ... ??! which files would you delete?! ... I am a long way through a sync attempt ... What are you offering to delete? ... All of the them? ... or, I could chose what gets deleted? ... this option dbox need to be specific, it is just adds to my problem at the moment.
btw I have these housekeeping options checked .... when I started the sync, all you offered to delete was some playlists ... but I know that there was a stack of "unselected Library file" tracks that are on my phone, which I have not selected during the current sync attempt ... why didn't you offer to delete those when you deleted the playlists? ... [UPDATE] it looks like you do the deletions *after* the sync ... not very useful if space is tight is it?
Also I had about 45gb free space on the phone when I started ... why didn't you check free space before starting? ... you didn't even tell me how space these 1,005 tracks were going to require ... you did in MM4 didn't you?
I replied to NO to the above delete? option dbox, because I could not predict what you would do
I am a bit confused what happened next ... I was getting frustrated by this time... I think that it was like this:
- I had selected specific Albums for this sync run ... but when I looked at this list, it looked like some albumartists may have been also checked
- I tried to remove the check for any albumartists which may have been checked ... this caused MM5 to freeze again
- I restarted MM and made sure that there was no albumartist checked, and ran the sync again ... am not sure, but I think I got the out of space message again, and I replied No again
- The sync then ran again, and this time it completed OK ... ??! ... all 1005 tracks appears to be copied OK after about 5 attempts, and MM5 now reports that my still has 22.1gb free .. ?