Strange behaviour on some search results [#20523]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

Strange behaviour on some search results [#20523]

Post by tbm72 »

2829 Release

If you start typing something in the search box that you know you have results for (e.g. "beatles") it will correctly show search results. But if you then add some text to the end of the search field that won't display any results (e.g. just add some nonsense like "beatles xxyyzz") the search results act weird. The column filter is empty but the main area still shows your previous search results. If you try to click on any of these results they act weird, almost like the display hasn't refreshed.
Lowlander

Re: Strange behaviour on some search results

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce. Do you see this after a MediaMonkey restart? If so, what View are you using?
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

I can reproduce this using latest beta.

For me It happens using list by album view, not using list view

I selected a playlist, performed a search which had some results by typing in the main window, then click inside the search box, type space and some more characters

The main window does not refresh. The displayed tracks are not selectable.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Previous results remain in view in this View when no matches exist. Added as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20523
tbm72

Re: Strange behaviour on some search results [#20523]

Post by tbm72 »

Thanks, yes I'm always in list by album view. When it happens it also messes up the mouse cursor position so it acts like the cursor is offset from where it actually is.