"Producer" Field [#21114]

To discuss development of addons / skins / customization of MediaMonkey v5 / v2024

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

ArnoldSnarb49
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:56 am

"Producer" Field [#21114]

Post by ArnoldSnarb49 »

When I open the view options for the right panel advanced menu, there is an option to show the field "producers" under the category "Music". however there seems to be no tag field called "Producer" in a file's properties, or anywhere else accessible. Where does this field exist and how can I edit it? Especially useful for Hip-Hop songs.
Peke
Posts: 18746
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: "Producer" Field

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Producer is meant for Video files See https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... Properties there is no equivalent one for audio files Except maybe for M4A due the iTunes/WMP tag format, but that do not have Involved People tag (very strange strange). In all other formats Involved people should be used .

https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Tag_Mapping

Thank you for report, I am adding this for revision, great catch.

NOTE: Added as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=21114

Any suggestions welcome.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
Image
Image
Image
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
onyxwave
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 am

Re: "Producer" Field [#21114]

Post by onyxwave »

I'm glad to know that this is being looked into. I personally would even be happy with the "Producer" field value getting mapped to a CUSTOM tag entry in my FLAC files, yet whatever the development team thinks is best. As long as it's stored somewhere in a file tag is better than being stored nowhere.

Thanks team
(happy MediaMonkey user since 2001 when it was named Songs-DB)
Post Reply