My Fiio M21 is running the latest firmware and I am using the latest MediaMonkey Android. Not using Bluetooth headphones.
The sound cuts out in the middle of certain tracks - although the display says the track is still playing. It's only certain tracks in my database that are consistently like this. They play fine on my Windows desktop MM. I can't see a pattern to the type of file format that causes this to happen. Most of my tracks play fine.
If you press stop and start the track again, the sound is still silent. If you switch to a new track it will play fine.
Any suggestions? Many thanks.
Fiio M21 problems - sound cuts out on certain tracks [#22098]
Moderator: Gurus
-
tbaker08550
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:59 pm
Re: Fiio M21 problems - sound cuts out on certain tracks
Hi,
Can you send DL link to few sample tracks and We will try to replicate and analyze them?
Can you send DL link to few sample tracks and We will try to replicate and analyze them?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying



How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying



How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
-
tbaker08550
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:59 pm
Re: Fiio M21 problems - sound cuts out on certain tracks
Here are two files that stop playing in MMA on my FiioM21. Track keeps playing, no sound. Fine on the desktop MM.
I copied these files from the SD card in the Fiio.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SfZqy ... p=drive_fs
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O0CtR ... p=drive_fs
I copied these files from the SD card in the Fiio.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SfZqy ... p=drive_fs
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O0CtR ... p=drive_fs
Re: Fiio M21 problems - sound cuts out on certain tracks
Hi,
Thank you for files, I analyze them and both files are corrupted, but before that files are Very low quality of <64kbps:
- "01 Fricsay; Berlin RSO - Kodaly Symphony in C Major.mp3" is reported as 48:11 (from header), but actual Audio data is 30:45. are you sure that MM play them Correctly in full 48min? Try to Seek to 30:00 and see if MM will play it pass 30:45 and see till the end.
- "01 Fricsay; Berlin RIAS - Dances of Galanta.mp3" is reported as 17:01 (from header), but actual Audio data is 15:04. are you sure that MM play them Correctly in full 48min? Try to Seek to 14:30 and see if MM will play it pass 15:04 and see till the end.
If you enable MM seek WaveBar you should see Wave instead if fixed seek bar where silence indicate corruption.
Also try to convert them to different format/mp3 quality as a copy and then compare Lengths and if they play normally?
Please let us know the results.
Thank you for files, I analyze them and both files are corrupted, but before that files are Very low quality of <64kbps:
- "01 Fricsay; Berlin RSO - Kodaly Symphony in C Major.mp3" is reported as 48:11 (from header), but actual Audio data is 30:45. are you sure that MM play them Correctly in full 48min? Try to Seek to 30:00 and see if MM will play it pass 30:45 and see till the end.
- "01 Fricsay; Berlin RIAS - Dances of Galanta.mp3" is reported as 17:01 (from header), but actual Audio data is 15:04. are you sure that MM play them Correctly in full 48min? Try to Seek to 14:30 and see if MM will play it pass 15:04 and see till the end.
If you enable MM seek WaveBar you should see Wave instead if fixed seek bar where silence indicate corruption.
Also try to convert them to different format/mp3 quality as a copy and then compare Lengths and if they play normally?
Please let us know the results.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying



How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying



How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
-
tbaker08550
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:59 pm
Re: Fiio M21 problems - sound cuts out on certain tracks
You are right that there was something wrong with these files. Both the copy on my desktop and on the Fiio have metadata problems. I don't think these were actually ripped at 64K, but the metadata said they were ....
So here's what I did. I ran all the mp3 files in my library through an MP3 checker (mp3val), and it found several dozen with metadata problems that it then corrected (including these files). I then resynched my entire library with the Fiio.
That solved the problem. These files now play fine in MMA on the Fiio. I didn't need to re-rip them. Here is one of the corrected files.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qxsf4 ... p=drive_fs
This is a file problem I never knew I had - since the files always played totally fine in MediaMonkey Windows.
In any case thank you so much for helping me find the problem!!!
So here's what I did. I ran all the mp3 files in my library through an MP3 checker (mp3val), and it found several dozen with metadata problems that it then corrected (including these files). I then resynched my entire library with the Fiio.
That solved the problem. These files now play fine in MMA on the Fiio. I didn't need to re-rip them. Here is one of the corrected files.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qxsf4 ... p=drive_fs
This is a file problem I never knew I had - since the files always played totally fine in MediaMonkey Windows.
In any case thank you so much for helping me find the problem!!!
Re: Fiio M21 problems - sound cuts out on certain tracks
Hi,
Jokes aside, thank you for valuable information and testing.
Glad that we found workaround, but anyway I am writing this down so that we can try to make process painless in future.
It is logged under https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=22098
Thank you and HAPPY MONKEYING!
We are always righttbaker08550 wrote: ↑Sun May 10, 2026 3:03 pm You are right that there was something wrong with these files.
Jokes aside, thank you for valuable information and testing.
Glad that we found workaround, but anyway I am writing this down so that we can try to make process painless in future.
It is logged under https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=22098
Thank you and HAPPY MONKEYING!
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying



How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying



How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts