Auto organize artist vs album artist

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

doGmaI
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:15 pm

Auto organize artist vs album artist

Post by doGmaI »

Hi everyone
Sorry for the bad topic chosen, but I don't know how to "explain" in the title my "question"

I read everything here http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... ormats/4.0 and created my rename mask for the auto-organize function.

I'll explain my "problem" with ad example

Let's assume we have an album with 4 tracks. Every track in the album has the same album artist and the same artist (for example The Beatles) but the track number X has a different artist (just for example, let's assume track number 2 has "The Beatles" in the album artist field and has "The Beatles with The Doors" as artist)

I would like to obtain something like
\folder1\the beatles\01 - the beatles - title 1.mp3
\folder1\the beatles\02 - the beatles with The Doors - title 2.mp3
\folder1\the beatles\03 - the beatles - title 3.mp3
\folder1\the beatles\04 - the beatles - title 4.mp3

This is pretty simple (just use the field album artist in rename mask)
But I would like to have "track - artist - title" only when at least one track of a single album has a different artist than artist album. If all the tracks inside the same album have the same artist and album artist field, I would like to have just "track # - title.mp3"

Is this possibile?

Thanks for any suggestion
Lowlander
Posts: 59794
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:53 pm

Re: Auto organize artist vs album artist

Post by Lowlander »

No, you can only evaluate per track and not per Album so any if condition would evaluate if the Artist equals Album Artist for that track, not for all tracks on the Album.
doGmaI
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: Auto organize artist vs album artist

Post by doGmaI »

I understand

I tought it could be something like this, just wanted to be sure

Thanks for your reply
Post Reply