Batch convert flac-mp3

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

JASC

Batch convert flac-mp3

Post by JASC »

I'm sure this has been asked before but I want to convert my entire FLAC library to mp3 in a different location. Can I do this as a batch or do I need to do each album individually?

Thanks

Jenny
Lowlander

Re: Batch convert flac-mp3

Post by Lowlander »

Tools > Convert Format can be used on any number of files (I don't know how well it works on really large numbers of files).
JASC

Post by JASC »

Thanks Lowlander - how do I select multiple files?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In the Filelisting select any number of files you want (for example Music > Location will show all music files).
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

As far as speed, just one album is fairly quick but not super quick.
If you are talking about a fairly small collection, the time it takes may be fairly reasonable.
If you are talking about a large collection, you may want to limit it to blocks of a few thousand
or set it to run overnight.

Either way, I would test it out first on around 10 albums worth of tracks.
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
JASC

Post by JASC »

Thank you
ajv

Post by ajv »

Lowlander wrote:In the Filelisting select any number of files you want (for example Music > Location will show all music files).[/quote
I'm an +
Lowlander wrote:In the Filelisting select any number of files you want (for example Music > Location will show all music files).
I'm a newbie asking for someone's help. Where and how would I find the "Filelisting" that you are referring to? Please be as specific as possible as I need to learn this. Thanks in advance.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »