Cleaning Your Tags
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In some circumstances, it may be necessary to clean MP3 tags. This is the case when:
- Tags are malformed resulting in failed attempts to write/update the tags. In this case it is generally advisable to clean ID3v1 and v2 tags.
- The files are to be played on a device that gets 'confused' by some tag types. In this case you can simply clean ID3v1 or ID3v2 tags, as required.
In these cases it is possible to remove the MP3 tags and then rewrite new tags with information contained in the MediaMonkey Library. To do so:
- Select the MP3 files whose tags you wish to clean.
- Use Tools > Edit Tags > Clean (ID3v1 | ID3v2 | ID3v1 and v2) Tags.
- Important: If you've cleaned ID3v1 and v2 tags, remember to Update Tags after you've cleaned them.