Zekton Skins - NEW MonkeyRok 5.x themes (June 2010)

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Titles History:
Zekton Skins - *NEW* Zekton Dawn v1.32 (2009-04-24)
Zekton Skins - NEW BlackCurrant color v1.31 (2009-04-10)
Zekton Skins - NEW BlackCurrant test drive (2009-04-05)
Zekton Skins - NEW P-Blue color (2009-02-28)
Zekton Skins - Testing P-Blue color (2009-02-21)
Zekton P-Steel v1.2 update & LyricsViewer matching themes] (2009-01-01)
Zekton P-Steel v1.1 (2008-11-27)
Zekton Bleu & Zekton Bronze skin v1.01 (2008-11-23)
Zekton Skin v1.0 [MM3, MR] (2008-11-21)

---------------------

Hi everybody. I'm proud to share with you my first skin made for MediaMonkey 3.x.
I wanted a skin that displays big time digits, big titles and useful playing track info.
Zekton is available in two colors, and Zekton P (Polished) is available in two colors. Includes matching theme for MonkeyRok and LyricsViewer.
So here it is.
---------------------
Features: Resizeable, STOP and MUTE buttons, Spectrum visualization, Vertical volume bar with integrated VU meter, Close button on Mini and Micro Players, Enlarged sliders to make Equalizer adjustments easier (see screenshot below).

For current playing track: Displays Filetype, Bitrate, SampleRate, Track#, TrackLength, RemainingPlayTime and Current/Total tracks in NowPlaying list.

The skin uses Zekton Free font in some of its panels, which is automatically installed with the skin (for Windows OS on C: drive). It may require to restart MM after installation for the font change to take effect.

Time display format of main player & small player is H:mm:ss for displaying tracks up to 9 hours long.
For Micro player it's mmm:ss for tracks up to 999 minutes long, and mm:ss for Vertical MicroPlayer.

Zekton Blue screenshots:

Main theme:

MiniPlayer: Image

Zekton Bronze screenshots:

Main theme:

MiniPlayer: Image

Zekton P-Steel screenshots:

Main theme with MonkeyRok:
(Click here for high resolution 1456x960)

Some components:

Zekton P-Blue screenshots:

Main theme with MonkeyRok:
(Click here for high resolution 1402x883)

Some components:

Zekton P-Blue skin for Enhancer 017:

Matching P-Blue skin (css file) made by Nynaevelan:

Zekton BlackCurrant screenshots:

(Click image to zoom):

Zekton RedCurrant - Recolored by Jagged:

Zekton Dawn screenshot:

Image . Image

---------------------
About Zekton font:
Zekton is a TrueType font developed by Ray Larabie and distributed as Freeware. I have include Zekton Free font v3.0 (along with Typodermic Freeware Fonts EULA and copyright) in the skin's installation file. It's better to use this one because you can find on internet many free 'tweaked' variant of Zekton font with bad alignment and poor character definitions. Don't ask me why. If text and digits in panels seem screwed and disaligned, it's because you have installed a bad version of Zekton font.

The font is automatically installed with the skin (for Windows OS on C: drive). Vista users with active UAC must manually install the font. To manually install the font: Use Winzip or compatible extractor to extract the file [Zekton Free.ttf] from the .mmip file. Then use Control Panel to install the font. It may require to restart MM or Windows after installation for the font change to take effect.

---------------------
History:

First Release: v1.0 - 2008-11-21

V1.01 update - 2008-11-23 :
- Added Vertical MicroPlayer
- Changed MinimiseToTray button to RollUp button.
- Add shaded background to MonkeyRok skin and made the font smaller.

V1.1 Zekton P-Steel release - 2008-11-27 :
- New Polished version with Steel alike colors.

New matching theme for Lyrics and Comment Viewer - 2009-01-01:
- V1.0 for all three colors, (no screenshots).

V1.2 Zekton P-Steel update - 2009-01-01 :
- Slightly brighter panels and menu.
- (SE only): Wider scrollbars.

V1.21 Zekton P-Blue release - 2009-02-28 :
- Polished version with larger scrollbars, enhanced selection colors in AlbumArtTracks view, and more.

Matching P-Blue skin (css file) by Nynaevelan - 2009-03-02 :
- For RegExp Find & Replace, Magic Nodes and Event Logger scripts by ZvezdanD.

V1.3 Zekton BlackCurrant test drive - 2009-04-05

V1.31 Zekton BlackCurrant (2009-04-10) :
- Corrected slow browsing
- Corrected system menus and player's panels colors.
- Darker popup menus background.
- Brighter horizontal lines in tracklists.
- New state buttons on MiniPlayer.

RedCurrant - (Recolored by Jagged) (2009-04-20)

V1.32 Zekton Dawn (2009-04-24)

MonkeyRok 5.x themes (June 2010)

V2.00 Zekton Dawn (2011-08-12) - Using Spotify's icon set. *** NEW ***

---------------------
Downloads

via MediaFire:
Zekton skins: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e71b ... 01379c23a4
Jagged's recolored skins: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a750 ... cca23d76c7

via FileFactory:
Zekton skins: http://www.filefactory.com/f/55efc2aec2c9a0bc/

---------------------

I hope you like it.
Eyal :~)
Last edited by Eyal on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
rovingcowboy

Re: Zekton Skin v1.0 [MM3, MR] (2008-11-21)

Post by rovingcowboy »

wow and WOW

very nicely done skin only one screen shot i don't see.

the vertical microplayer what does it look like?

you got your section on the main mm 3 skins page at the monkeys wiki site yet?

you should be able to see how to copy the other sections on it an make your own.
since you are so skilled in skinning that stuff should be a breeze for you. :)
but if you want ask one of us others to help you every one that posts on the wiki
can help you with it.

its nice to see new skins again and to get some with so much detail to the artwork
you must have been working on these for some time to be so well done. but i bet
you only got about 30 hours in to them after you total up all the minutes and hours
in the days you spent making it.

it was rather simple now wasn't it. :)

if you didn't want to make the vertical microplayer because you can't see it to test it.
and that is why you don't have the screenshot of it. then just grab the task bar and drag
it to the side of the monitor screen then you have a vertical
task bar which will trigger the skin to use that player. and you can test it that way.
and there are people that want the microplayer v skin they have asked for them before, because
they do use the vertical monitors. and it being so simple to test its a shame not to make one.
just copy the folder for microplayer H and then change it and the microplayer H's ini file to
microplayer V then just go in the image editor you use, and turn the h player bmp to vertical.
then adjust the info in the ini file for all the items in there to go in direction for the new
vertical skin and bingo you got one done. or you can make a different background image for it.

i took the easy way and just made the same two micro players on all my skins. since i make off
the wall main skins i didn't think the micro players would be used much. 8)
Last edited by rovingcowboy on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Very nice Eyal, I really like the blue and I will definately be adding it to my collection.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
DreadM

Post by DreadM »

Greetings

FUTURE! Monkey goes Space. :o
Like the blue one, good work! :)
Can't open MiniPlayer :-? Maybe change TrayButton to RollUp, just an sugestion. :wink:
Bex

Post by Bex »

Nice one, Eyal! :D
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Awesome! Bronze is for me but I'll be adding both. Thanks for track info on the micro player! :D
MM Gold 3.0.3.1183 : Vista HP SP1 (x86) : Zen Stone (2GB)
Zekton: An original MM3 skin by Eyal.
Scripts in Use: Add/Remove PlayStat | Auto Album DJ | AutoRateAccurate | Backup
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Field | Custom Report | Discogs Auto-Tag Web Search | Forget Crossfade | Invert
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Thank you guys you are very kind.

RovingCowboy thanks for the tips. You are right, I was too lazy too build the vertical microplayer. I'll follow your advices. I will also try to add it to wiki.

DreadM
DreadM wrote:Can't open MiniPlayer Maybe change TrayButton to RollUp, just an sugestion.
Yes I know, thanks to let me know. I use Minimize to MiniPlayer setting so that's why. I will change it to follow the standards.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

Cool a new Skinner :D

Nice job Eyal.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
Eyal

Re: Zekton Skin v1.01 [MM3, MR] (2008-11-23)

Post by Eyal »

V1.01 update - 2008-11-23 :
- Added Vertical MicroPlayer (thanks to RovingCowbow recommendations and help)
- Changed MinimiseToTray button to RollUp button.
- Add shaded background to MonkeyRok skin and made the font smaller.

Eyal
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

now i can really say WOW two more complete skin sets. thats really great, i don't use the vertical players but i can't stand a skin that is not finished being released as finished. so thanks for the finished skins,
8)

now a little service announcement, or begging.? :-? :)

Please how about making something for the users skin project you don't have to be a skinner just send the stuff you think you want in a player skin to one of the skinners here. more rules are on the wiki's skinning project page.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

MediaFire seems to be dragging atm for the download. Hopefully, I can update soon.

I just wanted to mention that I absolutely love the font and what you've done with the borders around album and artist images. This is one very polished skin. Thanks so much! 8)
Case & Leading Zero Fixer | Classification & Genre Changer | Clean Scripts.ini | Clear
Selection/Select None | Last 100... | Lyricator | Lyrics to Instrumental | MonkeyRok
MusicBrainz Tagger | My Custom Nodes | Now Playing Art Node | Play History & Stats
Right Click for Reports | Right Click for Scripts | Right Click for Web | Stop After Current
WebNodes
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Thank you spacefish!

MediaFire seems to boycott on my files... :(

Try my alternative download site (zip files):
Zekton Blue, Zekton Blue for MonkeyRok, Zekton Bronze, Zekton Bronze for MonkeyRok

Thank you RovingCowboy! I quit not understand the Skin Project thing. Is that a collaborative project to create a black skin? But the skin seems completed, I don't really see what I can bring to it... :-?
But maybe you can help me with adding my skin to wiki? I took a look to it and :oops: Do I need to edit the main page and create a new section in it? There's so many unknown symbols I don't understand. Is there any rule I need to follow like picture size? etc.

Thanks
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

Eyal wrote:Try my alternative download site (zip files):
Zekton Blue, Zekton Blue for MonkeyRok, Zekton Bronze, Zekton Bronze for MonkeyRok
Got 'em! Thanks. :)
WebNodes
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

okay i'll go and set up your section if someone else has not done so yet.
then you can just upload the images and add in the info.

just copy the way it is done on the other sections of the main page, you will see them when you click edit on the whole page at the top of it.

the skin project is not finished its just a black theme. theres no players to it.

just pick which one you are wanting to finish for it and post a message in the thread for the project which is in the artwork room already not the sticky thread but the one it links to from that message morten posted.

that way anyone else doing one of the needed players can see what you are doing and wont make the same one.

this is a way to get a true mix of skinning talent in to one skin.
:)
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Thanks rovingcowboy!
I'll take a look at it.