Update Version 1.2 (2008-03-01)
Download the mmip-installer (restart your Monkey to load the nodes):
- Full Installer (includes Webnodes.vbs, WebNodes.xml
Attention: your existing files will be overwritten so don't use this installer if you already have customised your files)
- Script Only Installer (use this if you have already customised your xml)
- Added Album Art tagging functionality:
After installing the script there is a new entry "Copy Image to MM" in the right click context menu of Internet Explorer whenever you right click an image (thus you can use it from outside MM as well as in your WebNodes). This will take you to a small dialog very similar to the one opened when you paste an image into a songs album art.
Attention: Selecting "save to tag" will always save the image to the tag ignoring your settings for "Update tracks when editing properties".
known issue: some sites seem to block direct access to their elements. The script won't work with these sites (e.g. coverparadise.to, google musicsearch (though google images works))
- Added right-click option "Open in Explorer" which opens the WebNode's link using the standard webbrowser
Here's a screenshot to give you a first impression:
The installer includes the xml I'm using to create the nodes. You should be able to use the xml-files from WebSearchPanels as well. However I've made a few changes to the xml-structure, which should be as follows:
- file must be named WebNodes.xml and located in [MMInstallationPath]\Scripts\Auto
- first line <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
- the tags <configuration>...</configuration> encapsulate everything that follows
- add a <site>...</site> for each WebNode you want to create
- you can structure your tree by nesting the <site>-tags. This will create child nodes. Theoretically this can go on to any given depth (I've only tested for 3 levels though)
- <caption>: Caption of the node (the <caption>-tag is mandatory!)
<start>: url to be loaded if no track is playing
<url>: url that uses the songdata of the currently played song
- if you don't put a <url> and <start>-tag for a site nothing is loaded but the node can still be useful as parent of other nodes
- use %artist%, %albumartist%, %title%, %album% as placeholders for songdata
- use %mmpath% as placeholder for MM's installation path (e.g. C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\)
- Attention: replace each "&" by "&" or the xml cannot be parsed properly
One thing I myself particularly like to use is the "Classification Changer" you can see on the second screen. It loads a locally stored .htm, that has some code in it and enables you to change the tempo, mood, occasion and genre for your currently played track. I know it looks kind of crappy but it does the job (if I'm not an experienced scripter I'm even less experienced in writing html).
The Classification Changer has its own release now and can be found here
Update 2008-02-06: (This update fixes a bug: SongData wasn't written back to Database and hence changes were lost when synchronizing tags)
Classification Changer (Lets you easily change Tempo, Mood, Occasion and Genre for the currently playing song (see screenshot below))
To install add the .htm-file to your "[MMPath]\scripts\auto" directory and make sure the following tag is in your xml
- Code: Select all
- allmusic.com (i've known these from WebSearchPanels) and last.fm (this has only started a week ago; I think they changed their websites then) produce some annoying error messages (see screenshot below). These can be "clicked away" by repeatingly hitting no and the website will load. I figure the source of the error is not in my script but somewhere else ... If somebody can enlighten me on this one I'd be
I think I've said enough and I'm looking forward to your comments and suggestion...