I like to tag my wav files with the tempo down to 1 decimal point, like:
title@123.4
MM is storing the rounded value, either via track preferences, or
from <BPM> auto-tag so I'm losing a small piece of precision there.
I don't mind having the tempo reported to nearest integer, but I would
really like it if the tempo as I defined be preserved.
Thanks
MM 3.0.0.1081 Decimal tempo is not preserved
Moderator: Gurus
-
Guest
you mean tag in the filename? I'm assuming so, because you're talking about WAV's
mediamonkey i think tries to avoid placing periods in filenames before the extension (although windows fully supports doing this, and only reads the last occurrence of a period in a given filename to determine extension), so instead of using another character, like a comma, it rounds it
mediamonkey i think tries to avoid placing periods in filenames before the extension (although windows fully supports doing this, and only reads the last occurrence of a period in a given filename to determine extension), so instead of using another character, like a comma, it rounds it
wav's can have tags
and I believe that the tempo/bpm field is according to specification, an integer... meaning any application who preserves/writes decimal places is not standard.
(whether id tag standards should apply to wave files, is another question entirely)
and I believe that the tempo/bpm field is according to specification, an integer... meaning any application who preserves/writes decimal places is not standard.
(whether id tag standards should apply to wave files, is another question entirely)
New script:
Last.FM Node Now with DJ Mode!
Last.fm + MediaMonkey = Scrobbler DJ!
Tag with MusicBrainz ~ Get Album Art!
Tweak the Monkey! ~ My Scripts Page

Last.fm + MediaMonkey = Scrobbler DJ!
Tag with MusicBrainz ~ Get Album Art!
Tweak the Monkey! ~ My Scripts Page

I suspect that that may be true with the mp3 spec, but MM database canTeknojnky wrote:wav's can have tags
and I believe that the tempo/bpm field is according to specification, an integer... meaning any application who preserves/writes decimal places is not standard.
(whether id tag standards should apply to wave files, is another question entirely)
just as easily store the value as a float rather than a integer and just convert
it when updating an mp3 file.
The problem I have is that I used to be able to parse my wav file name with
MM 2.5, and this no longer works with MM 3. Also having MM 3 accept a float in one place and not another is confusing.
Re: MM 3.0.0.1081 Decimal tempo is not preserved
Does anyone know if this will be fixed soon so that we can store decimal values as well as the integer values.
Obviously there is a distinct difference in tempo between 123.01 and 123,99 so when making a mix it would be nice to have a more precise value stored rather than 123.00
Thanks
jB
Obviously there is a distinct difference in tempo between 123.01 and 123,99 so when making a mix it would be nice to have a more precise value stored rather than 123.00
Thanks
jB
Re: MM 3.0.0.1081 Decimal tempo is not preserved
Hi,
Re. support for more granular BPM field, this is considered 'urgent'--i.e. planned for the next release of MM. See:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=3032
Lindolm:
You mentioned:
Also, you said:
Thanks.
-Rusty
Re. support for more granular BPM field, this is considered 'urgent'--i.e. planned for the next release of MM. See:
http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=3032
Lindolm:
You mentioned:
Can you explain?The problem I have is that I used to be able to parse my wav file name with MM 2.5, and this no longer works with MM 3.
Also, you said:
. Can you elaborate on that as well? Are you saying that BPM field accepts a float for some formats and not others?Also having MM 3 accept a float in one place and not another is confusing.
Thanks.
-Rusty
Re: MM 3.0.0.1081 Decimal tempo is not preserved
I NEED this feature too! How can I support it?