Exclude folders [#10170]
Moderator: Gurus
Exclude folders [#10170]
I have a folder on my tablet with audio tracks that I don't want included in the MM library. Would like a way to exclude that folder.
-
MusicBringer
- Posts: 622
- Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:53 pm
Re: Exclude folders
I am in the same position on my PC.
I found no simple answer.
The workaround I have to use is select all the Other folders, one by one.
It's tiresome.
I found no simple answer.
The workaround I have to use is select all the Other folders, one by one.
It's tiresome.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
-
rovingcowboy
- Posts: 14163
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:57 am
- Location: (Texas)
- Contact:
Re: Exclude folders
I use to do what musicbringer does but like him i found it very tiresome. So i let monkey have the folder in the library now, and just use autoplaylist rules to exclude the files in the folder from being picked in any playlist. Got to have advanced playlists for that, and keep making the same rule for every new autolist but its less work by about 20% but still is less then doing every other folder.
Sure would be a good and well used script if some one wrote one to exclude any folder if selected, so i'll 3rd your wish for a way to do this thats simpler.
Sure would be a good and well used script if some one wrote one to exclude any folder if selected, so i'll 3rd your wish for a way to do this thats simpler.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Re: Exclude folders [#10170]
I've just read over the bug associated with this. I wonder if devs are aware of the method used by the Android media scanner (which I think is also the basis for Google Music): If a file named .nomedia is in a folder, the scanner ignores the directory and all its children. This would be a completely usable solution for me, and doesn't require adding UI to the program to specify folders.
I would like, however, for a different filename to be used as a key. That way, I could maintain separate folder sets for MM and for stock Android.
I would like, however, for a different filename to be used as a key. That way, I could maintain separate folder sets for MM and for stock Android.
Re: Exclude folders [#10170]
Build 131+ allows you to select which folders to include/exclude from the library.
-Rusty
-Rusty
-
rovingcowboy
- Posts: 14163
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:57 am
- Location: (Texas)
- Contact:
Re: Exclude folders [#10170]
Cool 
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.