will this read the monkey's database file?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

Steegy

Post by Steegy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:04 am

You are editing the database while MM is closed, right?

Do you have MSN Messenger or so, so we can do this step by step? (if so, you can pm the address to me)

It is possible to insert these values through a script, but it should be more possible to do this through an MDB editing program.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:58 pm

yes i am doing the changes with media monkey closed.

it just will not add the playlist to the tree.

i am tired of trying this i need some sleep. maybe i will get back and try it later on but i am not getting any results now.

i put the information in just the same way you say to do.
i guess it just don't like me messing with the database. :(

rovingcowboy / keith

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:48 pm

20$ is like 2 days worth of food, just go on a diet and feed the monkey instead!

:o

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:20 am

Yahoooooooieeee!!!!!!!!!!!

fianlly got it to work. have the playlist in the tree now.

all i had to do was put the code in just like you said.

all the trouble i had was in knowing which mdb file to put it in?

just why are there 3 locations for the files to be in and each one has different amounts of tables in?

:o :-?

8) :D
i even got to poking around in the other memo areas and copied the code for the playcounter in the top 50's list and added it to the code you gave me now it also puts the songs in the list of most played to least played.

good deal on that code steegy thanks.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Steegy

Post by Steegy » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:04 am

Great!

For your information: Normally MediaMonkey has 2 database files (MediaMonkey.mdb).
On normal setups, the clean (default) database is in the program folder (c:\program files\mediamonkey), and the real database (which is originally created from the default database) is in the My Music subfolder (My Documents\MyMusic\MediaMonkey). The latter is the one normally used.

As you probably know, the database can be placed somewhere else if you change (or add) an entry to the configuration file accordingly.
I think all this info can also be found in the help file, and in the readme.txt file.

BTW: One trick to know if a database file is active is to look if it also has a ldb file in the same folder. E.g. when MediaMonkey is active, there's a MediaMonkey.ldb in the same folder as the MediaMonkey.mdb file. When MediaMonkey (and the database) closes, the ldb file is deleted.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:33 am

oh okay on the 2 of the mdb's?

but i have 3 of the mdb's on all my cmputers?

the one in the my documents, monkey..

and the one in the program files medaia monkey.

and then the active one is in

c:\program files\media monkey\data\

and it has the ldb and another monkey.mdb.mdb

in the same folder?

as i said all the computers here have that set up and i did not change the orgianl locations? :o

i even did a clean wipe out of monkey on the win98 and reinstalled it.
and that setup is still there?

oh well now i know where the active mdb file is 8)

i have adjusted the code you gave me some more
and i am now using this

Code: Select all

[Common] 
QueryVersion=1 
QueryType=2 

[Adv] 
ConditionsCount=2 
OrdersCount=2 
LimitTop=1 
Top=777
LimitMB=1
MaxMB=650 
LimitLen=1
MaxLen=59

[AdvCond1] 
DBField=Songs.LastTimePlayed 
Condition=401 
Value=7

[AdvCond2]
DBField=Songs.PlayCounter
Condition=32
Value=0

[AdvSO1]
Order=Songs.PlayCounter
Asc=0

[AdvSO2]
Order=Songs.LastTimePlayed
Asc=1
I am not sure why the max mb's is there so i left them alone
but i did set the top number of songs for more then i play a week
so it can choose from all of them to keep the max time of the play list to around 59 minutes.

it may only take the first 16 to 17 songs to keep it that long
but after all the time i spent on this don't spoil it for me :lol:
let me find that out and get disapointed later. 8) :roll:

roving cowboy / keith hall
not logging in just wanted to post this.
[/b]

gnorts

Anybody know the numeric codes for the various conditions?

Post by gnorts » Mon May 08, 2006 8:02 pm

For example, it looks like 401 is less-than-or-equal-to and 32 is greater-than...but is it that simple? And what's the entire list of available condition operators?

Thanks!

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Mon May 08, 2006 11:38 pm

i have no idea what they are?

i think 401 is what makes the list sort from top down with the oldest days at the top.

and i think 32 is what makes the play count sort from the top down with the highest count at the top?

well wait a minute? maybe the Asc is Ascending?

i know the limitTop is the number of songs and it has to have the 1 or 0 for on and off.

the number 777 is the number of songs it is checking through.

maxmb is the size you want to keep the playlist at which is i guess used
for burning the playlist.

and maxlen is the the number of minutes you want to show on the playlists.

value is the number of days i am having it check for

as to the rest of the stuff it is unknown or unknown as to why it is there?

i know this code when put in to the database does work in making an auto playlist that has 59 minutes of songs minus 30 to 60 seconds depending on the length of the songs. and it has only the highest play count songs showing and only for the last 7 days.

to my disapointment as per my previous message it does only take the top songs in the list to make the playlist out of it does not randomize the 777 songs to make the list. :(

but i don't have the gold version which all this code would not be needed if i did have it. this code needing put in for the top of the charts list is only needed if you have the free version.

don't make the top of the charts list in monkey and then try to edit the code for it. because it won't work you need to add the code in the database to make the playlist then it works.

but this is all i know about it since i am not a programmer and i advise you only to do the things steegy and i have posted to do if you are not any programmer also.. as this is monkeys database and you could mess up your whole music librairy if you mess with other things in it, or atleast that is a save thing to think for a non programmer. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.