Auto Rating of Songs & Radio Announcer v5.02 [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:11 am

Lastest version, (17 April) where installation procedure is written into the top of the file, and that TimeStamp thing is optional, and set to be non-default in script.

I'll go back and take away the older versions as I feel this one is better.

Edit: 5 times since first post, just do to some minor clean-ups

Idea for next version:
Somehow do moods/occasions, and get something useful automatically filled into those Occasion: and Mood: fields. I know I would never be bothered doing this manually.

If you should have any ideas about the basic structure of Moods and Occasions, please drop a line here and help the process.
I'm thinking simple things like Party 8) , Easy, Upbeat, Romantic :P, Background... don't know, but should be possible to devide these things somehow.

A version with optional Radio Announcer is added later in this thread

Code: Select all

Code removed, available on PM request. (To make it less confusing)
And Roving Cowboy, now you can play with counts a bit easier
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:40 pm

:o

what happened to them curtians?

:lol: 8)

this is a lot easier i been reading it and thinking on it.

i may not beable to do any programming from scratch but i can modify them once i understand what it does, so now i got more bells and whistles to change around. :lol:

thanks for this great code. your right it is by far the best of them all. :roll:

until the next update. :wink: 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:07 pm

Not much time to focus on this today, but I just wanted to drop a couple of lines here, and then come back to it later..

Example of the 'Advanced Parameters'
If you set the script to monitor a fair bit back in time, you can
then choose how many plays it takes in this period to receive an upgrade.

ExamplePeriod = 30 Days
PlaysRate_3_0_Stars = 1 (one play in 30 days, tolerable - 3.0 star)
PlaysRate_3_5_Stars = 3 (up to 3 plays in 30 days, you like it 3.5 star)
PlaysRate_4_0_Stars = 5 (up to 5 plays in 30 days, it's nice, 4.0 star)
PlaysRate_4_5_Stars = 8 (up to 8 plays in 30 days, love it 4.5 star )
anything over the 4.5 star level get 5 stars (you must be nuts about the song)

The problem with this is that when you get a new album, you may play it more than normal, so it may become overrated.

This could be solved by having a 'New Album Rating Period = 7 days' for example.

I'd also like to find a way to give a song you hear using a Random DJ a higher than normal upgrade, by using a remote control. Just have to test that a bit when I get some time.

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:49 am

Here’s a tip if you use ScrobblerDJ, and want to play ’unplayed songs’ only.

Set the songs you want to listen to 2.5 Star rating.

Then set ScrobblerDJ to only play 2.5 Star songs.

If you let the song play, it will get rated 3 stars, and the song will be in the ’good book’. However if you skip it, it will get 2 Stars. Either way, you will not hear the same song again when you set ScrobblerDJ to only play 2.5 Star songs.

If you set ScrobblerDJ to only play 2.5 Star song and above you run into a chance of listening to a song more than once.

If you set ScrobblerDJ to play unrated songs too, it takes 2 skips for it to never be played again. (unrated&skipped=2.5 Star, second skip, 2 stars, and will be filtered out of ScrobblerDJ)

agentsmart

Post by agentsmart » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:42 am

ho... crap did you change that from the first script? :o

by the way i know you said your taking abreak on it but what's the ideas for the next update if there is any ideas. 8)

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:56 am

Currently playing with more MAGIC from Master Steegy.

Now a sexy female voice announcing the next track coming up. I got Callie from http://www.cepstral.com/ and am sitting here in the small hours of the night, and listen to her wispering what's playing next :D

Gosh this scripting stuff is a heck of a lot fun, and I'm so happy about Steegy's Wonderful Magic!!. I had in mind to try to find out how to do a Radio Announcer, and after many, many hours of study, Steegy helps out again!

Not sure if I shall public the new version yet... or maybe I should...

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:44 am

what's this?

you thinking about adding in a way to make the songs be announced?

well i already do that but if you do it i will look over the code but more then likely not get it,

because the computers need lots of adjustments when they try to speak normal words so there is need of ways to map out what is to be said so it sounds like the title or the artist.

that is way to much to add in to a ratings code. if you do it you should make a new code for only the use of the annoucing.

and it would need options pages to let us map out what it is to say for which words..

also this would invovle text to speach engines, which is another matter all togeather. as the american english one from L&H you get from the ms msagent site is the only one that can really be adjusted to say the words properly the german tts engine does not even have some words that it can say. the british english ones are just voiced recordings from people saying the letters and or a few words that are used when the engine is reading the text.

just getting the computer to say something is amazing but getting it to say it right is very hard when you can not map out text to be said that would sound like what you want. and when you don't have a tts engine you can force to say the stuff properly.
well it is down right hard to get anything spoken that you can understand.

just want to give you the heads up on this since tts is really in the begging yet it is still messing up in the dragon naturaly speaking program yet.

most people remember the voice from tv shows of the 60's that sounds dumb and they don't want that on their computer, which is what most of them end up with because they don't search for the best stuff.

if your are going in to the tts area your in for a lot of research on the different voice engines,

you want people that have programmed with tts engines before you need to join the yahoo group i started for msagents and ask in there about tts programing there are some really good programmers in that group of over 1300 members.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/agentcharactors

that is also where the djamp program is in the folders.
djamp combined winamp with voice engines over 5 years ago he just did this last version last year so it is up to date as your going to get i think.

the author of djamp is in NZ, but he does not answer emails anymore he stopped working on it again. but theres some places downunder that still work with tts engines, try Eclips nick use to be ceo of it now he is just a devloper they might help with infomation.

http://www.e-clips.com.au/

but you would have to have a huge improvement to djamp in order for me to change from that program. it took him a year to develope it and then i beta tested for a couple months,
then he released it then he just updated it like i said and i beta tested it for another couple months then he released it.
so it is really over a 5 years in development.

i by the way was not the only tester.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:55 am

A Set & Forget script that takes care of rating your music based on how you use your music.

Now replaced by the new script available here

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &start=221

If you like the idea of having a Set & Forget script like the old one used to be, please just rename the option sheet like this for example;

From
AutoRateOptionSheet.vbs

To
AutoRateOptionSheet.backup

That way you disable the Option Sheet, but the rating script will still work.

If you in a couple of months want to adjust options, you can rename the option sheet to a vbs file, and you're able to set options again.

Maybe good to know if you have other users on your machine that may stuff around with your calibration.
Last edited by DiddeLeeDoo on Thu May 04, 2006 7:40 am, edited 47 times in total.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:05 am

i just checked the site out and they use wav recorded voices.

that is the same voice i always here in the movies it sounded like hal in 2001 a space odicey.

well the code is simple and glad it works with the sapi 5 but i am not getting it. sorry the L&H voices are better on some but the women's voice are bad on the L & H tts engines. and i like the little msagent that shows up and does animations when he annouces the songs.

some one else will have to testing as i am not going to use the voice you got in it sorry. but it is cool that you are doing something to connect voice with it. 8)

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:26 am

Roving Cowboy, you have mentioned this radio announcer you use, and I wanted one too. I have tried that Agent stuff before and I'm not keen on it. Actually I have SAPI4 and 5 installed, but not the Agent.

This Callie female voice is the best I have heard from a computer, so I'm quite happy. David was good too. Didn't take time to listen to all of them really.

It's just another choice, that's all... and not default in the script, plus it is stated to be a 'test version'... in other words, I will spend more time with it to optimize it after some sleep....

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:39 am

yep i know it was a test version.

the agents are not liked by everyone also i know that too.

and i agree the female voice is better then the ones on the l&h engines.

i know it is not a default thing in the script. i just wanted to let you know it will at some time need to have a word adjusted to be said properly. which will make the code blow up in size with different option pages.
if you do them.

i just don't need any more in the script then what you did before,
i am bowing out of the testing now. you have done a great job with the script for rating, but voice tastes are very different, and i am just an old stick in the mud and won't change for anything unless it far out weighs what i got now.

same goes for the rating code, some one would have to be 1000 times better with a new rating script before i change from yours. 8)

if you seen the yahoo group you know i am going to push msagents 100% of the time since i started the group. :lol:

i am a loyal stick in the mud i won't stop until it is all gone or i am gone. but like i said the same goes for your script and anyone elses that is good that i am using. peke's scheduler script will never be taken out of this computer and monkey will have to muck up the works so bad that it wont work before i take it out.

but i did look at the script you added in and i don't see any thing that will mess up the other stuff, all you did was ad in the last gem from steegy,

if steegy is in to tts engines i bet he knows about the msagents also and knows how i am. he might even be member under a differnet name? :roll:

i still listen to ernest tubb and bob wills and hank williams sr. i like their stuff and wont stop using it until i am gone so your in good company :D

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:41 am

I saw I could tune up the Announcer, so I did that in the code above.

I believe it's alright to add code, as long as the new code do not in any way, shape or form disturb the core.

After some sleep and testing of this new one, I may take away that old one to make it less confusing.

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:59 am

For about a couple of year or so I have had the computer announce who's calling on the phone, and I like that. A simple 'Call from John Doe" get announced over the speakers. http://www.imptec.com (Love CallStation!)

I know once in awhile the speech engine do not pronounce a word correctly, however Callie is far beyond anything I’ve heard before. Time will tell.

Anyways, pillow time for me... logging off.

agentsmart

Post by agentsmart » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:17 am

ah come on cowboy don't quit testing it?
nobody else will admit to using it 24 / 7 on a win98 computer,
so you gotta test it. :(

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:15 am

weeeelllll since you put it that way i will think about it.

however Diddeleedoo just told me this is it for the script it is now there.

so okay i will test this for you again agentsmart.
ha aha ha :roll: :P

but the annoucer part looks good as it only works with the announcer and not the rating code so it should work.

since it is now there according to Diddeleedoo, then i rate this autorating script 10 and a + for the announcer if you only want the voice to show.

i still will only use djamp. but this works. on this xp anyway i don't think the sapi 5 will load in to win98 but the sapi 4 will load in to Xp.